Any tips on kick starting my new business? Gelish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emster91

Reaction score
Hey!

I qualified in natural nail care and gelish at the beginning of July.
I am really struggling to get clients! I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get my name out there?

I've already got a facebook page where I post photos and offers but so far there is very little interest!
I also had price lists and introductory offers printed and I posted these around where I live.... Again not much interest

At the minute I only charge £15 for fingers and £25 for both fingers and toes which I think is a good offer!

If anyone could give me any advice I would really appreciate it! I don't know where I'm going wrong!
I'm starting to think my course maybe was a waste of time and money :(

Thanks xxx

Hey!

I qualified in natural nail care and gelish at the beginning of July.
I am really struggling to get clients! I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to get my name out there?

I've already got a facebook page where I post photos and offers but so far there is very little interest!
I also had price lists and introductory offers printed and I posted these around where I live.... Again not much interest

At the minute I only charge £15 for fingers and £25 for both fingers and toes which I think is a good offer!

If anyone could give me any advice I would really appreciate it! I don't know where I'm going wrong!
I'm starting to think my course maybe was a waste of time and money :(

Thanks xxx

That is very good price indeed! Too low for both I'd say which might be off putting? Make sure your posts get seen, invite everyone you know and get them liking and commenting- my group has done well this way but I have been quiet lately- hoping it will pick up oct time my educator said her salon even been quiet recently . Keep at it!

Sometimes being too cheap does deter potential clients. Are you mobile? £15 is in my opinion & my area is too cheap.

£20+ is average. Maybe offer hands £ toes for £35.

Just think if you did 2 clients at £35 you'd need to do practically 3 sets at your normal price. So less work & less products & it is still reasonable.

Advertise on free ad websites, don't aim too much on FB. Leaflet drop, set up twitter for your business.

If you were going to get your nails done, where would you look for a nail tech?

Id personally google, so make sure you come up on google. Ive done this with ads on free sites, twitter, facebook, yell.com, google places (even tho Im mobile) have a website with your link on all your adverts, pictures of your work etc.

Good luck xx

Iv recently started out also and find that the best way to get interest is to post a range of photos of your work... So some just bold colours, some with glitter, foils or a cute design.. Something eye catching.. And just keep at it... You'll find it will slowly start to grow ☺️. Good luck x

FB is def great. But you also need to use tumblr, instagram an the Nail art gallery. Make sure that your watermark is always clearly marked, and it should say ex "Nail it baby! SALON" , dont forget that last word or something like it.

Also getting involved with any makeup or Fashion and sewing teachers. Do a combo evening together. Call places like the learning annex or any evening school, and suggest that you could do some nail themed classes. Choose "easy" topics like manicure, pedicure and nail polish application. the students will come to your salon for the more expensive stuff.

Advertise with "polterabend do-it-yourself nail evening". Make a "pregnant-mum pamper yourself evening". Make a "Before you hit the town" all girls happening on a friday afternoon or saturday morning. At these events the customer does her own nails, guided by you, using your product. This way its a fun evening and you can take in more people at one time. Charge per person, or per event.

Find hair salons, fashion boutiques and spas near you, talk them into refering to you, if you refer back to them.

Always have current business cards on you (for cheap ones, go to Vista print).

Always have pictures of trendy, well done and different nail enchancments online, as they get reblogged with your name, you get free advertising.

Do volunter work, you will meet new customers there. And it makes you feel great too.

Call the local news paper, magazine, website and offer them a free article on the latest nail trends. Always include your own creations, with your watermark.

Dont forget the power of your family. Stick them a ton of your business cards, and have them do what you do. How about your husband? Your husbands family? Get them all involved, eventough they may not like right next to your salon. Any name exposure, is good for you (ok a negative one, not so much!).

If you are having your car, teeth, pet fixed/done, anything really, waiters, hotell staff, daycare staff, give a discount card as a thank you gesture. Always use your business card as a " Thank you card".

If your business card has a discount code, you will always have a good reason to give them away. Make cards with different discounts.

Get involved with your local churches, they are very open to community type events. You could set up a small station and do easy nailart. Ba part of the event. Maybe do if for charity for the church. Who would say no to that.

I could go on and on.... Anywho; god luck....

Thank you for all your advice ladies!

I was doing an introduction offer at £15 or both for £25....
My normal price list is £18 for one colour or fingers and toes (one colour) for £30.... So you still think this is too cheap?

There's a lady who also does gelish who lives close by and she is constantly busy with clients. She charges £20 for one colour and £35 for fingers and toes.... But she does have more experience than me as she's been using gelish now for 2 years.
She is moving abroad next month so that's why I am keen to get my name out there to interest some of her clients!

Thank you for your help!

Xxxx

Price yourself at the same, especially if you are to potentially gain her clients. Why should you work harder for less money?

:) xx

Latest posts

Back