Any tips on shaping free edge/sides??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuise.e

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm having problems shaping - I'm not sure if this is a common problem for newbies? - I've noticed a lot of advice is "to bring the sides in"
I'm spending ages trying to do this especially on square shape. If I do it dead straight they still look too wide and if I try to bring it in slightly they go curved on one side or I can't get both sides the same!
I keep going over file control - any other advice would be appreciated.
Also - is it best to get this done as correctly as possible on the tip before is l&p is applied or on finishing and is it best to use 240 grit always?

Many thanks xx

imagine that you have drawn a line down the centre of your nail then hold your file down the side in a straight line and you will see where it is out.

your best bet is to buy nailclass from the geekmart shop, it ahs invaluable tips and advice in it and covers all shapes and forms.

HTH

scattyfox said:
imagine that you have drawn a line down the centre of your nail then hold your file down the side in a straight line and you will see where it is out.

your best bet is to buy nailclass from the geekmart shop, it ahs invaluable tips and advice in it and covers all shapes and forms.

HTH

thanks ,I think I must be holding my head wonky :grr: will keep trying!
I've got nailclass and keep going over it.

If you're over this way, pop in and we'll have a play.

Your question about getting it done right on the tip first is absolutely right - the thinner you can blend and debulk that baby the better. Any lumps and bumps will just be highlighted even more once you apply the overlay over the top :D

Trinity Nails said:
If you're over this way, pop in and we'll have a play.

Your question about getting it done right on the tip first is absolutely right - the thinner you can blend and debulk that baby the better. Any lumps and bumps will just be highlighted even more once you apply the overlay over the top :D

Thanx Trin :hug: (I'll get me coat!!) pm'd you xx

Latest posts

Back