Anybody else think there should be hairdressing laws?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the most shocking thing ive discovered is that students love these places and some wholesalers wont sell to them!

They think having a tube of discontinued colour is the same thing as hairdressing, never mind not knowing what they are putting on. One of our beauty clients was praising the new popped up shops, how amazing they stock items-im a registered l'oreal/matrix user and how the hell are they allowed to have these items resold if its not in a hairdressing beauty salon environment, i took it up with my rep -tho relayed it back to hq!

One client for a colour correction told us the shade of the tube she got with 30vol-hmm she was trying to go darker- black with 30 vol.....really?!

Hair pulling stuff, next thing they'll have nioxin which is a fabulous product!! xoxo

They are selling nioxin in tk max!!!

I wish I could make a stand, become someone who's 'big' in the game and have it all sorted!
Shops like this actually really effect us smaller businesses.

I also hate the bad names its gives out professional services
For example using 40 vol with a colour is either going to cause some serious damage or the colour just won't be the result they want (each situation will obviously be different)
So when people try it this way
Then see a hairdresser using the same branded products
It will either make them avoid this hairdresser thinking that's the way all the colours will turn out, or slate this hairdresser

How can we change this??

Latest posts

Back