Anybody got any ideas what this is

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topbird23

Reaction score
Hi ladies, just wanted to know if any of you have seen this before. Pic is of my other half's nail, This was the best pic I could take but the strange marks on the cuticle look like splinter hemorages but they are occurring on several of his nails and he hasn't got a manual job either, more computer based. Any ideas ? Xx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1331492314.120087.jpg

It looks like the eponychium is actually dragging onto the plate before releasing the cuticule layer, this could actually be stressing and stretching the skin fold - which could cause these little blood vessel bursts ...

Try some regular solar oil and very gently use an orange wood stick to clean up the cuticle and it should help shrink back the eponychium.. Gentle would be the key, I imagine this is going to be uncomfortable for him (as the skin is tight looking)

hth's

Thanks envy, I'll show him your reply he doesn't usually let me give him a manicure maybe he'll change his mind :) thanks again xx

Hey I'm a guy and I consider a basic manicure to be good grooming - it shows you bother to look after your appearance.

Of course all it involves is filing for shape and cuticle work (using cuticle eraser) plus regular solar oil to keep the skin and nail healthy. No polish or anything further, full stop...

many of my male friends get this done (but would never own up to it)

hth's

I'll def show him with that, I have a few male clients who are regular and faithful :) although they are business men and have said that they shake hands with their clients and like their hands to be nice..... My other half is a bit scared He'll enjoy it, it's taken 7 years for him to let me tidy his monobrow lol

Latest posts

Back