Anyone bored of hairdressing and fancy a career change.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazyeyes.

Reaction score
Ive been hairdressing for 9 years now and really starting to dislike doing hair. I have no joy in doing it. It really just bores me.
I fancy a complete new career path but I have only ever done hair since leaving school so I have no experience in anything else.
Doing new courses are just to expensive while saving up for other things in life.
Has anyone else gone from being a hairstylist to just a normal 9 until 5 job or working in a shop with no experience?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Would you not fancy a job in another area of hairdressing Sales rep, Wholesaler staff, college lecturer etc x

I wouldn't mine but where do you even start looking with that sort of thing?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Would you not fancy a job in another area of hairdressing Sales rep, Wholesaler staff, college lecturer etc x

Personally I don't think that a college lecturer position would be a good choice for someone who had lost their passion for hairdressing, however, that might be a common scenario. It would sure explain a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Maybe a change of salon rather than career ? That's what I did . Best decision I made . Got my enthusiasm back

Yessss I like doing hair but im not very interested in the superficiality or the ego that is so rife in hairdressing. I always have interesting conversations with clients, but dont find other hairdressers that intriguing other than what i can learn from them.
I want to go into a mixture of things though- currently volunteering at a costume warehouse making pieces for them which is sooo fun :D so i wouldnt mind doing hair/costume/styling for tv and theatre because I really like period dramas and historical things. Even with hairdressing ive always been more interested in the historical styles and the critical analysis of how womens styling relates to the times they live in.
If youre bored of working in a salon, working in a shop isnt going to be any better though. Retail is really dull and you dont really have any skills to hone other than management. If youre serious about changing career have a good long think about what you really enjoy doing- hobbies etc, and what you can turn into a money maker. And if it doesnt work out you can always go back to hair :)

Latest posts

Back