Anyone do mobile or house calls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I want to be able to go to my client and was wondering what do you use for table and chairs?? I dont want to stink up their house with monomer... do you use odorless??

I want to be able to go to my client and was wondering what do you use for table and chairs?? I dont want to stink up their house with monomer... do you use odorless??

'Acrylic' aka 'liquid and powder' smells!!! Period!

When you have your hair coloured / bleached. It smells. Period.

It's part of the service. Many professionals have an extraction system that removes the odour. Many don't. As a mobile TEK, You're not going to have the luxury of this so you have a choice. Get on with it. Use gel.

As to what you use as a mobile... They're often called the 'ironboard brigade'. Many use just that... Many don't. I don't like that terminology because again it makes us sound second rate at what we do. When Kat does my nails she sets up on the corner of the kitchen table... She brings everything to 'set up' properly but uses the furniture I have... HTH's xo.

I crack on and set up anywhere I can. The most uncomfortable place for me has to be one of my clients who has just moved and the only place available is the kitchen worktop but stood right next to one another. It's hardcore and I hate it with a passion but I will never say no to her.. X

I use a small fold up table I bought from dunelm mill, it's was about £7, otherwise I use the client's kitchen table. I also have 2 fold up chairs if they don't have any I can use. The majority of clients will have something you can use. Don't be afraid to do a little rearranging if you need to. You shouldn't be expected to be putting your back out. Personally I would never stand up whilst doing a nail treatment, nor would I sit side by side. I don't want to be injuring myself for the sake of pretty nails. I don't use oderless, the client knows that l&p smells, you can advise them to open a window though. Being mobile is about working with what you have whilst still offering a professional service :) x

I have a small fold up table from ikea that I keep in the boot of my car, I only use it when the client doesn't have anything suitable but most of the time I just use their kitchen table. I bring a towel to cover it.

I bought a mobile manicure table, it was about £40 on eBay .

I use either the clients table or a table I purchased from the range it was £20 think it's called a hobby table I find it very sturdy and light to carry

For mobile, I got this table:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professio...hash=item48855fd0a1:m:mPdhlCiizfkFlMfhNEJDE0Q

It comes in a bag you can just throw over your shoulder and it takes less than a minute to take it out the bag and set up. And I bring a little stool. In the main I'm terrified about spilling acetone and damaging their table!

Take all your rubbish with you to remove as much monomer smell as you can! x

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Professio...hash=item48855fd0a1:m:mPdhlCiizfkFlMfhNEJDE0Q

It comes in a bag you can just throw over your shoulder and it takes less than a minute to take it out the bag and set up. And I bring a little stool. In the main I'm terrified about spilling acetone and damaging their table!

I think that table looks great and would be so invaluable for those who do mobile

I have a very similar table (more squarish) that I purchased from an ebay seller. It is was an EXCELLENT investment. I use it when there are no comfortable options, no space, client has a round table or a bar-height table, 2 or more clients, gel nail service, or I just want to be more professional. I also have 2 small folding chairs because if they have a bar height table, chances are they don't have regular size chairs.
I don't offer acrylic nails... I use gel but I don't do many enhancement services. It's also much less product to have to bring. If a client wants a soak off option, I offer CND Brisa Lite.
I've never used an ironing board and only heard of it here.
Get yourself a table like "perfect10kb" showed and I promise you won't be disappointed. The ergonomics alone will help you provide better manicures to your clients. You will be straight on ALL the time, at the right height and not at an angle or uncomfortable.

Latest posts

Back