Anyone done Colour with Wella Academy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup Honey

Reaction score
Looking at booking the Colour foundation and Colour correction with them.
Have 17 years experience but been out of the scene for the last 9 years and only recently started doing a few mobile clients
Using Wella as its what I knew best but have used Redken and L'Oreal.
I know my basic theory and overall knowledge could do with a refresh but technique is what I'm most interested in and also a few good colour combinations eg few colours to use for blond easimeche on different bases.
I remember using a few steady colours for similar clients and always new where I stood with them.
Anyway I'm waffling away here:lol:
What I guess I'm asking is ... Is the Wella Academy really good? Will I come away with what I need? The courses are 2 days each but the thing is that money is really tight and simply cannot afford to do these at all but will borrow if I thought they were vital to get me back on track.
Thankyou for reading x

I am in a similar postion to you and I've not done any extra courses yet because I can't afford it either, the l'oreal ones are supposed to be good and they seem a little more accessable financially but I use wella colours as well so not sure if it may just confuse matters?. you can get a lot of new ideas and info from videos on the wella site or some on youtube are good ( a lot of rubbish as well:lol:) the best source of help is this forum. Sorry i'm not much help, hope it goes well.
:)

I did the wella colour correction course it was ok and the people teaching the course where lovely. What I would say though it is more of a product seminar than an actual technical course you wont really learn much about the science of hair colour as such just the full wella product range. If you have a L'oreal academy near you I would go with that I learnt so much on colour keys and hope to do there colour change course in the future. On colour keys you really learn so much about undertones, lightening and levels that no one else teaches and you could use the knowledge with any colour line.

Thanks for the replies:)
penners, its hard to get back isn't it? I can't find anything nearby on L'Oreal one. Like you I've heard its a great one to do but I'm really familiar with Wella. Thats why I thought I'd stick with them. Money is so tight here at the mo and a large unexpected bill has really thrown a spanner into the works:confused: So really want to be sure what I'm spending on is right.
si, thanks for your reply, thats exactly what I was afraid of..that it would be more of a seminar type thing promoting their colours...ohhh decisions
x

Ive just completed L'oreals colour keys and colour change course at the new leeds academy, they were fantastic. I only trained to level 2 with saks last year so im very new at this,but the info they taught in both 2 day courses was immense and very good value for money. There were people on the courses who had been hairdressing for 20 years who had found the course content invaluable, and in their words took out any element of guess work..once you have learnt the undercoats and lifting levels on the colour keys course then you are pretty much guaranteed to have the knowledge to achieve the results you are aiming for. They dont cover application methods or good colour combinations, but they do have other 1 day courses that cover this..something i am hoping to do myself.

They also do fast-track 1 day courses for the colour keys and colour change which are cheaper and the only thing that is excluded is models to carry out a practical session on to test your knowledge.

I hope this helps..good luck with finding something suitable

Latest posts

Back