Anyone else gone quiet this week?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone . . .

When you have weeks like this, when you are suddenly quiet or suddenly busy, especially when it seems to be a general trend as confirmed here, do you keep a note of these times?

Just a thought . . . but if this is an annual or seasonal thing you could keep a calendar of these times and then in advance target these periods with short term special offers to make sure demand stays high and you are not caught out with only a few clients?

Sure, you might make less per treatment if you are offering deals, but its better than having no clients at all?

What do you think?

Adam

I think it depends on the salon. When we are busy we are falling over each other. We use the quieter times to work out our strategies, clean thoroughly, sort out the tat, replenish stock and catch our breath.

Being the salon owner and working a full column means there isn't a lot if time for anything else so a breather is often appreciated as long as it's not too big!

Added to which your suggestion sounds far too organised for me lol.

Great input and good ideas.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think it depends on the salon. When we are busy we are falling over each other. We use the quieter times to work out our strategies, clean thoroughly, sort out the tat, replenish stock and catch our breath.

Being the salon owner and working a full column means there isn't a lot if time for anything else so a breather is often appreciated as long as it's not too big!

Added to which your suggestion sounds far too organised for me lol.

Great input and good ideas.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey Squidgernetball (great name by the way)

Thanks for coming back on this point. You are right that it depends on the salon and a breather is sometimes a welcome thing. However, when it comes out of the blue and causes you to worry - I guess like the initial post of this thread - it can be a little stressful I'm sure.

I love creating and sharing great business ideas to help salon owners and managers achieve their business goals, one thing place I always look for ideas is other industries. For my sins I have also worked closely with a lot of hotels and this is genuinely something that good hotels do.

On the wall of the main sales office they will have a calendar and when they hit a quiet period that can not easily be explained they will note it down in this years calendar - usually just with a highlighter - so that next year they can keep any eye on it.

Whether it is to ramp up some marketing, take a holiday or just to assuage concerns of a sudden dip in business . . . it can be a valuable tool to have.

Taking up MissEden's point too . . . If you do decide to target known quiet times with a marketing push it doesn't necessarily have to be with a discounted offer? Sometimes just a reminder will be enough.

If the recent quietness is linked to kids going back to school, which makes sense, then a simple email out to your clients along the lines of "Mum's . . . why not pamper yourself when the kids go back to school?" could be all it takes to keep your appointment book full.

Adam

We are all flat out and most of our Xmas fortnight is already booked up, with clients booking their next 3 appointments in one hit.

My January and October used to be quieter so I planned for this 2 months in advance by chucking out an offer..sit an appointment in Jan and Oct and recieve 20% off. Or a flyer drop, Fortunately I don't have set offer months anymore. People do tend to get used to them, I've seen this many times, and salons only have full collums on offer periods.

Don't plan day by day, week by week or you'll find yourself with huge empty gaps in your week. Plan at least 2/3 months ahead.

Client and diary management is paramount in the first (at least) year of your business starting.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find it quiet in march, sept and nov
Basically people book more or hang on a bit and stretch out their appointments to fit in for Easter and xmas holidays and don't come in sept when they realise how much they spent on holiday and buying new school uniforms etc. Over the school holidays.
Well I've noticed that happens for me anyway over the years. X

Nope im not im mobile very busy all the tym. However have heard a few people saying they are quiet. Not just in our industry.
:)
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back