Anyone else had a coil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it was a mirena, the doc said it would be a bit more painful because I haven't had any children. I debt have a very good pain threshold so I dont kno if I'm being a bit dramatic?
Thanks, I'll wait till 2moro and see if it's still as bad. X

I'm the same. I'm onto my second one. The first they used local anesthetic with so no drama - although it did slip after a couple of years and had to be removed.

The second one was inserted with no anesthetic - OMG...it's because they have to dilate your cervix to get it in - which is what happens in child birth so that's why you have the really bad pain and cramping.

But they are the best invention ever..

I had a coil fitted at 18 as emergency contraception and I find it quite uncomfortable. When it was in my blood pressure dropped and I felt terrible! I was having what I can only explain as contractions and the nurse had to take it out quickly.
She said my body had rejected it and that she had never seen someone reject one before. (It's very rare so please don't let me put you off the coil, just sharing my not so nicr experience lol)
So its probably put me off having another one for life!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I know this a bit personal, but I had a coil fitted this morning, it was really really uncomfortable and now I have terrible cramps, I'm actually doubled over in pain! :( just wondered if anyone else has experienced this?

Hi, I had mine a year and half ago. I found it uncomfortable too. Had cramps for a few days too. They did warn me of that, because it's a foreign body and my body would be trying to reject it therefore CRAMPS. But it all settled down quickly and all is fine xx

I had the copper coil badly fitted a few years ago. They didn't have the proper scissors and cut the cords all wrong. Had it removed after a few months and that put me off. That fitting was terrible. The measuring thing... OMG! I nearly passed out. Cramping was awful. I ate a full packet of M&S vienesse biscuits dipped in tea. Lol.

The fitting and cramping were bad but not having to think about birth control was brilliant so 18 months ago I had Mirena fitted. That time the fitting was much better. Still painful but not as much.

For 6 months on what would have been my period I had bad cramping. After that though, nothing. The odd headache but only for one night. No periods and no pills. Happy days!

Latest posts

Back