Anyone else have kids in year 10

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelcmn

Reaction score
I have twin girls in year 10 which Means the start of GCSE.. How are you all getting on kid/ parent relationship, supporting them etc?

Its a hard time are they competitive do you think they will help eachother.Do they have the same strengths and weaknesses.

Its a hard time are they competitive do you think they will help eachother.Do they have the same strengths and weaknesses.

Similar.. Just a worry! They get quite anxious when it comes to tests/exams and where they do know the answer generally, pressure can let them down

Have they any idea what they want to do career wise

I have twin girls who have just started 6th form so I can sympathise with you. In some ways I think it would be better if they were poles apart academically (although I dont really) but my two are so close results wise but sometimes there could be one mark of a difference but that could sometimes be the difference between an A* and an A so it can be hell!

Year 10 is when the going starts getting tough. My daughter was constantly revising and studying to the point that it felt like she had no life! I used to insist on regular breaks and encourage her to see her mates at weekends. She also became very moody and quite withdrawn, I think through her worrying so much about her results. But we got through it, she got excellent results in year 11 and is now in 6th form where the work is even harder! Just encourage your girls to tell you if they're feeling overwhelmed and make sure they get enough breaks. It's sooo tough being a kid right now. Good luck!

My son is yr 10, it's worrying me :( after most of a year out last year n a suicide attempt Xmas day, they're trying to make it as stress free as poss.
He's managed to catch up considerably but if he doesn't come top in a test, he's very hard on himself, I wish he'd cut himself some slack.

My son is yr 10, it's worrying me :( after most of a year out last year n a suicide attempt Xmas day, they're trying to make it as stress free as poss.
He's managed to catch up considerably but if he doesn't come top in a test, he's very hard on himself, I wish he'd cut himself some slack.

Oh your poor son :(
They will probably keep a very close eye on him. Has he had any professional counselling? X

He sees a psych n has his name down for one to one. He's loads better than he was though :)

Latest posts

Back