Anyone experienced this with nail art pen!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SamLR

Reaction score
I bought a couple of new nail art pens. The type is a thin long brush but also a metal dotter on the end. Anyway on sunday I had a mad 5 mins and just done any designs that come into my head. I ende dup using all different colours. Yesterday I showed my mum my new designs and to my horrible realised that all the designs with black on were STILL wet! (this was about22 hours later) so I ended up smuding all my designs (gutting!) why on earth hasnt it dried!? Could there be something wrong with the actual pen! Now need to find somewhere decent to by a new black nail art pen from :(

Ive put a post up about nail art pens! My problem is different..mine dry perfectly well it's just that they are watery! I hope someone can recommend a good one x

Its bizarre because its only the black one! I did a red tip with white polka dots and I thought they were going to take forever to dry being white thick blobs of white but infact the black with just thin lines have taken forever! Im guessing it must be the pen itself. Shame because it is a good black, not watery at all!

Can't beat a good old fashioned dotting tool :)

not had problems with dotting justthe thin brush in the black :-|

Hi I'f don't mind me asking where did u buy them from?
Before I knew anything about nail art and all the different places u could get decent stuff from I got some off eBay.... And the same happened where awful wanted dare put them on anyone's nails!!

Hi I'f don't mind me asking where did u buy them from?
Before I knew anything about nail art and all the different places u could get decent stuff from I got some off eBay.... And the same happened where awful wanted dare put them on anyone's nails!!

I did buy it off ebay *bows head in shame* I just dont know where is good to buy them from? any recommendations?

I did buy it off ebay *bows head in shame* I just dont know where is good to buy them from? any recommendations?

Argos do some that we're recommended to me- getting them tomorrow x

Lol I didn't think you did! Models own nail art pen is ok comes in black or white for about a fiver

I have the rio ones from argos and like them. The only bad one is the silver sparkly one because its a bit patch. Solid colours are ace though! Xx

for me I gave up on nail art pens a while ago...never was able to get one I was happy with....now all I use are striping brushes and dotting tools with my good ol' regular nail polish :)

I have the rio ones from argos and like them. The only bad one is the silver sparkly one because its a bit patch. Solid colours are ace though! Xx
Yes they are the ones I'm getting.. I like them because there's no brushes to clean so that saves time ;)

Do they dry quickly? The black I had just never dried! Was very odd!

Latest posts

Back