Anyone gone from Mobile to Home Salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa82

Reaction score
Morning geeksters :)
I've been mobile for nearly 2years now, and I am considering setting up from home (in the middle of buying my 1st house now), as I'm getting fed up carrying stuff and travelling.
Has anyone elso been mobile and then set up from home? If so, if you could help me by answering some questions that would be great :Love:
How did you find the transition?
Did you lose many clients? I'm scared my clients have now got used to not having to leave the house!
How did you go about it, did you keep a few days a week mobile and a couple of days from home and gradually just do more from home?
Did you have an open day or some sort of event to show your clients?
Can you put a sandwich board outside your house or is this up to the council?

And any other help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!:wink2: Lisa xx

Hi there,
I am mobile and homebased. I am only mobile about 1 day a week, 2 days at an ablsolute push. Most of my clients are happy to get out the house and come visit me. I have been salon based before. I think its a timing thing when you are homebased, its popular because clients get a time to suit them, I only work nights and weekends, and this suits my clients as they are busy through the day with work and kids.

I work from a summerhouse out my back, I had an open day when I started, demoing treatments, champagne and cupcakes, and had a lovely girly time. I got lots of work from it, and got some of my most loyal clients through it. It allows people to ask questions, and see things done they might not normally go for. It was successful enough that I recently had another open night demoing my new treatments. Which also went well, the only downside was someone stole 2 of my vajazzles :eek: So just be wary and remember that it is strangers in your house.

Any questions just pm me x

Hi there,
Im new to this site and was searching the different options when I came across your thread. Im also concidering starting a home salon buisness as I have the space to make it really nice, I live on a new housing estate next to the M1 with not alot around us! People definatly have to travel at least 4 miles to the nearset salon of any kind. My problem is I also have the option to open my own salon in a near by town and Im so unsure of what to do as I dont want to jump in at the deep end an fail :Scared:.
What if any permission do I need to open a salon from home? Obviously ill need insuranse but is there anything else to consider? a music licence etc?
Any advice will be greatly appriciated!!! Let me know how your venture is going :biggrin:
Thank youuuuuuuuu xx

O goodness, the cheek of someone stealing from you :evil: I had been thinking about that actually, I know none of my clients I have now would ever do anything like that, but with new clients in your home it's a different story :eek:
Thanks for replying :biggrin:
Lenniej, sounds like you have a good location :biggrin: If the room is soley for business I think you need permission from your council, however, seems like a sofa-bed in the room is a way to get around that x

I think it varies from one council to another so your best bet is to get in touch with your own & see what they say.

I was told by mine that if you only have 1-2 clients a day, that's fine, but more than this & you need planning permission.

Thanks guys! I've got the chance to open a salon and waiting for accountant to give it the go ahead but if that fails then home salon it is! I'm trying to decide what option is best as I don't want to jump in at the deep end but nothing ventured nothing gained! X

too true hun go for it !

im home and mobile be flexiable thats my advise goodluck !

Latest posts

Back