Anyone got a car door magnet from Vistaprint?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I am considering ordering one of these and wondered if anybody had one? They look quite good !

Have you had any business from it? Also how do you know how big the numbers are going to be on it (for your phone number) - don't want it to be unreadable!

People know my views on vista print but that aside I think a few geeks have them. I personally think there way too small and seen tons of cars all with the same ones as all template designs.

Only work if your stationary and if no one else around you has one. Would you be confused if you saw 2 beauty leaflets that look exactly the same just different title and content?

I have and they do their job and great value. X

I have one.. Thought I had a photo but I don't sorry. I've not got it on my car though, it's on the radiator in my beauty room lol! I have a 13 plate car so didn't want it scratched + I believe you need to make your car insurance for business use which is a lot more expensive & as I'm not mobile it wasn't worth doing it for the sake of advertising, worth looking into if you are thinking of one. They are good size but not from far away you would have to get quite close to see the number I think. Only got it because it was free lol x

People know my views on vista print but that aside I think a few geeks have them. I personally think there way too small and seen tons of cars all with the same ones as all template designs.

Only work if your stationary and if no one else around you has one. Would you be confused if you saw 2 beauty leaflets that look exactly the same just different title and content?

I agree BannerPenguin but I''ve got my own logo (which Carl from Verve designed for me) and so it would be completely individual

What are your views on vistaprint out of interest? Have you had a bad experience? So far I have only used them for business cards I think, likewise, I have my own logo put on them so they're individual as well, I wouldn't do it otherwise.

AbsoluteBeauty you have raised some good points there. I am only mobile for a very few disabled clients who cannot get to my home salon, but I just thought it would be good advertising generally. My insurance covers me for the usual domestic and pleasure and getting to and from a place of work - I wonder if that would cover then? Maybe ought to check, cos its really not for many people at all.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388829098.117397.jpg

This is ours designed by Carl and done by vista print ! Cheap but we feel it could have done with being bigger, so far we have had one client by it.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I agree BannerPenguin but I''ve got my own logo (which Carl from Verve designed for me) and so it would be completely individual

What are your views on vistaprint out of interest? Have you had a bad experience? So far I have only used them for business cards I think, likewise, I have my own logo put on them so they're individual as well, I wouldn't do it otherwise.

AbsoluteBeauty you have raised some good points there. I am only mobile for a very few disabled clients who cannot get to my home salon, but I just thought it would be good advertising generally. My insurance covers me for the usual domestic and pleasure and getting to and from a place of work - I wonder if that would cover then? Maybe ought to check, cos its really not for many people at all.

Be careful as you wouldn't be insured, if you had an accident with this on you door it would be classed as business as your advertising,(I'd check with your ins co) ... also going to / from these apts with stock/ products in your car ... you can add a small percentage of business mileage to your insurance )(I have mine split between 4k business / 4k S,D&P)
And remember it all goes through your books anyway - it's not really that much more.
Sanilulu x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I just wanted to add that changing my car insurance from social domestic and pleasure to include the use of my car as a business vehicle for mobile work put my yearly premium up by about £10 a year...!!! No excuses, if you're mobile you MUST do it.

VISTAPRINT = cheap, wonky cut business cards. Not worth the money they are printed on.....! They always remind me of the cheap cards you used to see in red telephone boxes years ago....you know the ones...."GOOD TIME...CALL me on......." ...

Sorry back to the topic ....... their door magnets are far too small in my opinion.

Am I being unfair..? It may work for some. Depends how professional you wish to be seen as and what your budget allows.

I got a free one a while back. Totally useless. Wouldn't stick as my car is made of aluminium! Also, it didn't look that great anyway.

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

I just wanted to add that changing my car insurance from social domestic and pleasure to include the use of my car as a business vehicle for mobile work put my yearly premium up by about £10 a year...!!! No excuses, if you're mobile you MUST do it.

I was just about to point this out, I thought mine was going to jump hundreds and it went up by less than £10. So worth it!

Regarding using vistaprint - I used to use them and was very, very happy. Then I found Carl at verve and banner penguin and the lovely comments I have received about my business cards etc has been amazing. I feel my stationary is much more professional. I've also saved money as I only ever ordered 'free' items but postage and extras soon added up as many items were only free in small numbers.

For me, vistaprint was great but in comparison to what I have now I wish I'd changed earlier.

My issue with Vistaprint is the fact that they have such a small variety of templates that EVERYBODY seems to use. Where I live (Melbourne) EVERY beauty/hair business uses the same Vistaprint templates... It does not stand out at all and I feel that you can tell they're cheap quality.
I bought my business cards from Vistaprint a while ago and the printing quality was terrible.

I don't really know about the Magnets... What I would personally prefer doing is getting custom made vinyl sticks to put on your back windscreen or on your bumper. The people that do this make it looks so much more professional and to be honest the bumper or back windscreen is much more obvious than the side.
Here is an example.
HTH xx

Attachments

• 5037105.jpg
    5037105.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 230
I have one, the magnet isnt strong enough.
It starts peeling off when driving, its only useful when stationary.

Sent from my SM-T210 using SalonGeek mobile app

My issue with Vistaprint is the fact that they have such a small variety of templates that EVERYBODY seems to use. Where I live (Melbourne) EVERY beauty/hair business uses the same Vistaprint templates... It does not stand out at all and I feel that you can tell they're cheap quality.
I bought my business cards from Vistaprint a while ago and the printing quality was terrible.

I don't really know about the Magnets... What I would personally prefer doing is getting custom made vinyl sticks to put on your back windscreen or on your bumper. The people that do this make it looks so much more professional and to be honest the bumper or back windscreen is much more obvious than the side.
Here is an example.
HTH xx

As well as being better cut vinyl on a rear windscreen isn't very expensive at all.

I have one, I never use it on my car and only got it as it was free at the time, I actually use it in my porch for new clients to help them find me, then it goes back on my radiator lol

I used vista print once, now get everything don via another company, it shows the difference, I think if just starting out for business cards it's ok but once you get your own logo and want a better service then I'd advise changing

Jmo

Latest posts

Back