Anyone had the coil fitted?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on the combined pill ATM n have been on for 3 weeks (fed up is an understatement) so thought I'd try the implant as they said the coil is only suitable for women who have been through a pregnancy... What we women do hey!

No baby here and I have the coil :) yep definitely pain here! I'm not aloud hormones so it was either the coil or get the chop! So I neeeed this to work for me lol xx

Oh yeah I had the implant too, bled constantly for three months till it came out and put on half a stone in the first month. Also tried about 15 brands of the pill over the years with every side effect going. I just can't do hormonal stuff. My coil is a copper one, first one was sized wrong so had to have it redone and got infections for the first 4 months with the second but I'm glad I persevered! Wish my other half would have the snip haha!

Now i am really scarred booked to get a coil next month and it's a sexual planning clinic that's only open at weird times so if there's a problem I would be really stuck

Positive vote from me- had first one fitted at the dry no jabs, slight discomfort but no more than period pain for two days max- loved it! Periods stopped totally, no pain ever. Had another fitted when this had run its course, again no jabs- it's uncomfortable but only temporary- maybe I've just been very lucky. Feel better soon xx

Now i am really scarred booked to get a coil next month and it's a sexual planning clinic that's only open at weird times so if there's a problem I would be really stuck

Don't worry, they'll let you sit for a good while after and most people are fine after. It's not the most pleasant experience granted but it's not that bad x

I'm on my second coil, had the first one before I had my daughter, didn't hurt being put in but I did pass out as it was very uncomfortable! I had period pains for about 24hrs but fine otherwise for 5 years. Then I had it removed and had my daughter, a year later I had my current one fitted an had no problems what so ever, guess it works for some people but is not for everyone, I had both mine without anesthetic 😊

Ive had it once x
Had it removed a week later x
Both experiences was very painful
I had it removed as i couldn't even walk x
I was constantly walking bent over and not up right x
My experience wasn't a good one xx

Iv had 2 fitted over the last 10 years . The best form of contraception for me but just had it removed as me n my partner are trying for a little babs . I also insisted on having the one with no hormones x x

I had an implant and it turned me I to a crazy woman!!! I was knocked out before I had my coil, I have a really high pain threshold but it hurt like hell for about a week after I had cramps. I took paracetomol and nurofen together. Also I found it really took a good few months for the string to soften properly, my partner could really feel it for ages!

Uber blonde moment I do apologise - there's string!? What like tampons? I do apologise for me being crude on this thread I hope it doesn't offend anyone! Xxx

Removed my comment

Last edited:
I have the copper coil which I've had for over 5 years now and it's been fantastic. Only downside has been heavier and slighty more painful periods but thankfully no crazy hormones!! I took some heavy painkillers when I had it fitted and it was uncomfortable for a couple of weeks - seem to remember it felt a bit scratchy. It's been great but if you are in a lot of pain you really should speak to a doctor, I think it can be easy to get infections when first fitted.

Around your Fallopian tube?! I didn't think so, it hangs straight down!! It is sharp to start with! If you feel it on the dummy one they have in the clinic it's quite sharp, it actually cut my partner a bit when we first had sex after it was fitted, they say it takes 2 weeks to soften fully but I reckon it was about 3 months before he couldn't feel it at all

Just googled - the wire is most definitely not around your Fallopian tube, this is what they so for sterilisation! So deffo not with the coil. The wire hangs straight down the middle into the top of your vagina

This is getting into a lovely conversation isn't it? Lol. Nope wasn't told about any wire or string. They just did it and sent me on my way! Which I thought was a bit unhelpful! I'm gonna get booked into see my GP for a bit more explanation. I don't know whether I'm still supposed to take my pill for a short while or anything. I guess the coil is instant with it just being copper. I'm gonna take it for the next week to be sure :( xx

Read online you have to check its in place - didn't get shown that either! Guess that's what the wire is for. Did anyone bleed a lot after? Xx

Read online you have to check its in place - didn't get shown that either! Guess that's what the wire is for. Did anyone bleed a lot after? Xx

I did. They just told me to feel for the string but I actually can't feel it and never have been able to find it! But had it checked by the doctor so it was fine!

Last edited:
Removed my comment

Last edited:
Read the links KayaPapaya has put on, they are more informative

Latest posts

Back