Anyone heard of The Glam App?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Struckbyastar

Reaction score
I've had two texts now from people from this company who have found me through Yell.. This is the second one..
"Hi Rachel my name is Elyse I found you on Yell. Are you a mobile nail tech? I'm operations coordinator of TheGlamApp and looking to have more nail tech freelancers in London/greater London. We are an on demand celebrity based beauty service app. You set your own hours and availability of course and we just send you the appointments. We're just like beauty but for Uber. Check us out..."

I'm struggling with enough confidence to take on unknown people as clients as it is, let alone those that are booked for me through an app!
Just wondered if anyone had heard anything about it as I'm just curious.

I downloaded the app to have a look, you register as a client on there and then it has its own set prices for treatments (acrylics £60, polish £20 etc) then you select a date and time to suit you and then I guess (as I'm not going to book to try it out I can't get any further) it's booked! I don't like the prospect of not knowing anything about my nail tech, even their name or their experience, especially as they're coming round to my house! X

If they have had to contact you to get listed with them and you've never even heard of them, they can't be that good!

I bet there is a massive catch: They take 50%, you have no control over when your bookings are made and you may even have costs involved for 'no shows' . Try googling their name and see what comes up in the way of reviews.

Latest posts

Back