Anyone help? Client's nail problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathill

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402762559.350660.jpg
My clients nails have been like this for 2 years. I've tried nailtiques all kinds of treatments clippings have been sent off to labs with no outcome they just flake crumble and split they were orange but that discolouration has kind of grown out now we're pulling out hair out!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1402762713.100793.jpg
This might be clearer

Have you asked what her diet is like? Is she generally fit and eats healthily? Could be a distinction in her system affecting her nails. They look super dehydrated.

x HelloSORRISO x

Yes I've been doing her nails for around 10 years it kind of happenend over about 3 months starting on ring finger (that is worst one) and spreading to others she thought it might be diet so tried changing that that's not made a difference she oils every day morning and night and more she uses gloves for everything! We just can't seem to remedy it!

I know this might sound weird but is her ring tight on her ginger. I had a client with real problem nails. Same as you, had clippings sent of etc and then she went to buy a new ring and the woman commented how dangerously tight her ring was and she should get it removed incase she looses her finger. When she told me it all fell into place. Her circulation must have bn practically non existent. It's taken time but her nails are getting back to normal.
Could be a similar problem. Bad circulation or blood flow to the nail matrix or bed
Xxx

How old is your client? Is it possible that her nails are thinning due to the ageing process / hormonal changes?
I would recommend trying IBX as this has worked for me on clients with weak, thin nails.

Hope you find a solution x

I'm not sure if she has a tight ring on her GINGER ! Heheeee I'll find out! This made me giggle . She does have bad arthritis though.

I have an elderly client with nails identical to this. Hers are not weak and she gets three weeks out of shellac, no chips. I just assumed because she is elderly they were naturally aged. Would like to see of anything different. Her rings aren't too tight as she removes them easily before her treatments x

Hahaha sorry about that. I'm rubbish with this auto correct stuff lol. Could be her medication. Arthritis meds are harsh on the body xxx

Latest posts

Back