Anyone know how to find a lost hamster?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugarplumfaery

Reaction score
I know it not to do with hair but my Little Hair Kitchen mascot Arthur has become a very good escape artist this week (either that or the kids are releasing him!) and has disappeared. Devastated!!

Any tips on finding him?

Leave a wee pile of food out in each room and watch to see if he comes out? They are cute wee things ! Mines once escaped out her cage squeased into the bars of the guinea pig cage stole its food then put it all in her own cage! She must have done about 5 trips her whole cage was full of it! Lol xxx

Ok I'll try that. Ive moved his bed into the centre of the front room with his food, but I'll leave a few carrot pieces in the rooms. I've this dreadful feeling because the balcony doors were open that he's jumped off. I even went out this morning on hamster alert with my daughter. It's so quiet without his constant chomping!

Hope you find him very soon! :eek:

There's a little saying "bound and binding, binding bound, what was lost now is found"

Oh tsparkler and AcidPerm, we've set his house up and food in the front room. It looks like a shrine. No sign but it's normally his wake up time now. I have a dreadful feeling he's gone to hamster heaven by flying off our fifth floor balcony. He's like my fifth child [emoji22][emoji22] and we are off to France in three days. Poor Arthur!

I would have a good look around your sofa, they will try and create a nest in anything they can, also check under any furniture. Jasper made herself a lovely bed under my TV unit out of speaker cable. Fortunately it was all switched off! make sure you turn everything off at the plug at night!

I've basically turned everything inside out including the TV cabinet. Fingers crossed x

To reassure you, my sister lost her hamster for 2 weeks, our neighbour found it in their airing cupboard!
Happy and healthy. X

Put a bowl of hamster food in the middle of the living room? Or even just leave their cage? Hopefully they'll smell themselves and come back x

He's home!!! Had a little night/day/ night out... Dirty stop-out! I have no idea where he was but don't care. I've put our Houdini hamster back in his home and taped up the sides just in case.

Thanks guys!!

Glad he's home Hun. I lost my hamster once. I used to have 'Fluff and Puff' and 'Fluff went missing to be heard under the cooker and couldn't get him out. So I had to call the fire brigade. 3 big big burly gorgeous firemen turned up and luckily they saw the funny side of it [emoji14][emoji5]️

Oops....it was Puff that went missing...not Fluff [emoji87]

Sounds like he's had a night out with his old pal, Merlin and is back home recovering now. :D

Hehe glad he's home! My hamster went missing a few times, it's usually in the dead of night, and she had managed to pop the top of his cage open. Once she climbed up two flights of stairs to our bedroom. And the second, I found her in the morning when I went on a massive hamster hunt, jammed in the small gap by the side of the freezer fast asleep xx

Glad his adventure ended safely! My hamster went missing once, I was so worried! Enjoy your hols xx

Latest posts

Back