Anyone know what the best way is to lift hair from base 3 to a base 7/8??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

optionshair

Reaction score
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1382992813.663178.jpg looking this colour???and the client has dyed her own hair base 3??

You will need to do a bleach bath or a colour remover then go from there. Depends how much colour build up she has on there, do strand tests! X

It's a gorgeous colour! Go with a colour stripper, and if it's still not light enough then bleach bath - you want to get an orange-gold undercoat. Then I'd do a level 7 ash gloss colour like dia light (ash tone will counteract some orange from the undercoat). Then I'd go in with balayage and bleach 6% to get the really soft highlights, then tone with something like 9.01 dia light x

What do you recommend is the best colour remover??

I personally prefer cleansing with a prelightener as opposed to a colour remover, take into consideration the integrity of the hair as you so and never commit to a set result with colour correction, especially from a OTC product that's sitting a a level 3!

Affinage eraser is very good and does preserve the condition of the hair very well - compared with effasor from loreal which many people do consider to be a harsh product. Cleansing with a prelightener is a good alternative too! The reason i like colour removers though is that it does give you a good base to work on without artificial pigment in, and doesn't lift the natural hair at the roots so gives a more even result xx

If using colour remover you need to use a permanent colour afterwards. Quasis run the risk of going too dark.

Latest posts

Back