Anyone mastered the chrome?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flic22

Reaction score
My delivery of chrome arrived today and as I was not busy I got playing around with them.... layering over different colours of Shellac.

At first i was too heavy handed on the powder and soon realised. Some worked beautifully and some when i was wiping the tacky layer from top coat - the chrome came off slightly. It is something I will need to work on and try out on real people instead of plastic tips!!

An tips or advice will be appreciated!

You really don't need a lot of powder.

Make sure that you have barely any product on your layer it brush, but ensure that you thoroughly cover the entire nail, from end to tip, and from side to side with layer it. Or you'll have little bits that won't have any chrome coverage. And do the same with topcoat - any missing topcoat will result in the chrome simply wiping off when you remove the top film. Capping the free edge (with both) is essential.

I find that the best way to rub the chrome nice and flat after application is to use a folded cotton pad, rather than a lint free wipe.

The attached picture is only 10 days old, but it's lasting the distance so far.

I think those are the essentials.

if you're on Facebook, Fee Wallace did a 90-minute live video on application and there are plenty of videos and hints and tips on the lecente group - as long as you follow the instructions to the tee, it's really not that difficult :)

Attachments

• WP_20161128_20_46_15_Rich (2).jpg
    WP_20161128_20_46_15_Rich (2).jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 114
Thanks so much! Will give it another go today.

Well I gave it a go on a client today. So far so good, I asked her to report back on how it lasts compared to her regular Shellac! I found a lot of it ended up in the sidewalls and I had to clean up afterwards, is this normal?

Latest posts

Back