Anyone regret going from Mobile to Salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seraphine

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm still compiling research - hoped you could chime in with your experiences!

I've been mobile for a year and have a good clientele built up, but am hoping to get more "stationery" over the next two years. I'm looking at room rental, but have also wanted to look into more "full day contracts" (I currently have one day per month scheduled with a high school to service the staff). There's a lot of business parks around here that are far away from services, so that may be an option.

Anyway, I'm just throwing this out there - any regrets at all?? I'm a little scared of the extra money for rates and taxes and licences (what all is required?) so I'm just wanting to know if anyone misses their mobile business.

Dawn

Go for it if it is want you want to do
I was working from home and took the leap into opening my own salon with a partner ,now just 7 months later i have bought out my partner and have a staff of 4 booked out a week in advanced and bookings up to 7 weeks ahead ,yes the overheads are there but i love going to work and then coming home ,no mixing of the 2 ,i have also worked mobile but to much time is wasted going from client to client for me 'what ever you decide do what feels right

Go for it if it is want you want to do
I was working from home and took the leap into opening my own salon with a partner ,now just 7 months later i have bought out my partner and have a staff of 4 booked out a week in advanced and bookings up to 7 weeks ahead ,yes the overheads are there but i love going to work and then coming home ,no mixing of the 2 ,i have also worked mobile but to much time is wasted going from client to client for me 'what ever you decide do what feels right

Hi Seraphine

I think you should go for it hun! As I highlighted in red above, I too think that mobile, whilst can work for some, isn't going to be the way I want to go once qualified. I have been offered a little back room from my friend who runs a hairdressers near me and I'm not even qualified yet! Gees, she's got some faith in me, lol! But she has a great little hairdressing team, has also only been going for about 7 months and is making a highly successful career out of it, she's always busy and whenever I'm in there and the phone rings, 9 times out of 10 she can't accommodate the client on the end of the phone until in about 2 weeks! If I can be in her little back room, just think of the possibilities for lil 'ole me!

I say go for it! Like before, yes you have extra overheads but I think the pro's far outweigh the con's, especially as you have a client base there already :)

HTH's

xx

Hiya, I stopped doing mobile and never looked back!

I then went onto renting but it was slow and all my money was going onto paying the rent - which personally sucked me so dry I couldn't even afford my products!
I then built a studio separate to the house and it's great!! I pay £200 per month towards it as rent and as I'm open til 8/9pm (sad I know) I'm really busy!! - Nice lie in, go town, the odd lady early afternoon - busy late afternoon until eve!
I now have a solid clientelle and have never been happier! I LOVE working from home, and if you have the space to do it - it's the best!!
But only problem is the evening work - most of my ladies are evening and weekends - working from home means no 9-5! It's a very fine line!!

Latest posts

Back