Anyone tried Salon Advance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I just looked it up and it looks a good option for my salon. Really need to make the right choice picking our booking system.
Sent from my HTC One_M8 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good or sounds cheap?
We made this mistake and thought it sounded amazing for the price had a demo and bought it
Biggest mistake ever
Within a month it crashed and lost ALL our client data and the support team £30 a month extra as most companies) couldn't fix it 2weeks after that the main computer broke and had to be replaced
Now half of the reports don't work on it
They load it into computers that are only just fast enough for it so don't use te internet or media player or it will crash your diary guaranteed
Apparently they are a big company but you will always speak to Robert or Graham when you ring up: then 3 times a year they tell you your software is out of date and needs upgrading at £100 a time (they originally said it was free with the support package)

Oh and best yet a year after we got it a message came up on screen saying out license had expired! When I phoned they said the licenses don't expire and its £1000 to generate a new license code, now to get the diary to load we have to set the computer date back months open it then change the date to normal

Marks out of 10 - 3max

ID strongly recommend looking at salon advantage or shortcuts

I've looked at phorest too and they look good and use cloud based storage so any computer problems your data is all safe, it also offers a mobile booking app and website bookings for clients and you can access your system from home

(All of the programs have tiered security so you can prevent staff access to reports / client data etc) x

Xx

I bought a salon software system that I had a full demo of, but when I actually had it in front of me, I realised just how misleading demos could be. The email function had been disabled so you had to use text messages as reminders, the columns only showed one day at a time and the whole thing was frankly, cr&p!

After a lot of tooing and froing, I eventually got a refund, and now use Salon Iris which I was able to download to my computer and play with to my hearts content. I would lie in bed thinking "I wonder if it does x" and when I looked the next day, it did.

Many of the software systems out there seem to be the same but with different names, so do be aware, and demos will often only show you the good - you find the bad once you've paid for it.

With Salon Iris - after about 3 years, I've yet to find the bad!

Vic x

Hi I have used a number of different salon software over the years in different salons that I have worked in. Iv used salon genius, Phorest, shortcuts there were all very expensive to buy and can be so complicated to use and train on. I now use Hive salon software they are fully cloud based so I have access on it 24/7 and can use it on any device my laptop in the salon or on my tablet at home or check out progress of my salon when on the road. It can be so confusing looking for the right one but go for a fully cloud based it's the future.

We are using youreontime.com.

It is awesome, we really like it and they are so helpful.

The price is very good too which is an added bonus

I just looked it up and it looks a good option for my salon. Really need to make the right choice picking our booking system.

Hello there :)

I urge you to get quotes and view demos from as many software providers as you can to make an informed decision. After all, it is a big decision to make and you want a piece of software that is going to make life easier!

If you would like any information on Premier Salon software, then please do not hesitate to drop me a message :)

Happy hunting.

We use Salon Advance and have nothing but problems. Eg. Database crashing, unable to SMS, the list is endless and the aftercare/service support is diabolical.

I actually only realised that it's called b2b salon software when I looked up salon advance it was a totally different website and software. So I'm actually looking at b2b salon software and I really like the look and sound of it so far , I've seen the demo also. Anyone had any experience with it?

I actually only realised that it's called b2b salon software when I looked up salon advance it was a totally different website and software. So I'm actually looking at b2b salon software and I really like the look and sound of it so far , I've seen the demo also. Anyone had any experience with it?

Don't be conned it's the same company
B2B acquired salon advance last year and the customer service has became worse since
They've demoted there technicians to sales staff and the new technicians don't seem to have a clue what they're doing
Last time I had a problem a sales staff ex tech talked me through how to fix it..

Hi,

Please take a look at Salon Tracker | Salon Software! Our subscription prices start at £30 pcm. There are no additional fees since our support and updates are inclusive. Godo luck with your search, I hope this helps!

Hi,

I work for Kitomba and we are a hair and beauty industry specific company.

We provide a cloud based solution that is low cost (from £10 p/month with no upfront charges). It has all the features you would expect. Appt book, client management, sms/email reminders, online booking, reporting etc included.

If you'd like to take a look head to our website (www.kitomba.com) and do a free 30 day trial, or inbox me if you've got more questions.

Kind regards,

Adam

Hi Adam, your post is a little misleading there is an upfront cost of £120 per year to get your product for £10 per month, or it's £16 per month if you want to pay monthly.

Hi Toniaus,

No there is no upfront. If you pay for 12 months in one go the cost is £10 p/month. If you want to take it month-to-month the cost is £16 p/month.

I hope this has cleared it up for you :)

Can it handle sunbed salons? Eg adding courses and taking off minutes etc.

Thanks
H

Hi Guys

I've been reading this thread and see that your all having problems with different software company's, either not being transparent in what they do, or with their costs.

At Ovatu we try to over come both of these issues and more, we offer a free 30 day trial with no upfront costs and no card details required, so if you don't like the software you don't have to use it or live in fear that we have any of your payment details.

We offer free support and training to all UK & Ireland customers, we also support, IOS, android web application, the software is fully cloud based so you can log into it from anywhere at any time.

There is no limit to the number of devices you can operate on the software, as all of our pricing is based on the number of staff that you employ.

The software starts as low as £15 per month and we aim to do all we can to help you get things setup and running as smoothly as possible, what's more were not a company that just works 9 - 5 and makes you log a support ticket before we speak to you, you can call within reason all day no matter how small or large your query is.

Take a look, the web address is www.ovatu.com the software is also available for download at the app store and android play store, and if you have any questions you are more than welcome to call our offices on 01604 238808 where we are always happy to help.

Latest posts

Back