Anyone worked in Dubai?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachylady

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)
I've just moved to Dubai and am thinking about opening a little waxing salon. Was wondering if anyone had worked in the beauty industry over here and what they thought? Any advice welcome! Was also wondering if Lycon or Perron Rigot distribute here.
Thank you!

Hi, I've just arrived to the UAE as well. I am planning to start up a salon business once more. I use Lycon and yes they have a distributor in Dubai. I don't know much about the beauty industry here but will be doing some research into it for sure now that I'm here. Good luck!

Hey SammiC, thanks for your reply & welcome to the UAE! Where are you living? I'm not sure how much longer we are going to be here now so have put the business idea on hold but would love to know how you get on out here with your salon. I really hope it works out for you. [emoji3]

I would never work in any UAE country after all horror stories I have heard of FIRST hand as well as on utube documentaries. Unless you Muslim yourself I would be terrified.
This chick was spa manager and thought she was safe working in the party capital of Dubai but the police didn't see it that way!

[emoji15]
Omg that's terrible

Rhi Hayat was originally thinking of moving to Dubai, perhaps she would have info for you. She hasn't been on here for a while though

I worked there for 6 years, never had too many issues although trying to deal with the municipalities can be painful, u should try get a partnership with a local who will make the process easier, and check out the free trade zones as I understand the process becomes easier, yell if u have any questions, u need to always be respectful and softly spoken, offend the wrong person and it can go pair shaped really quickly, goodluck

Either way I wish you the best of luck

This is a terrible story but it wasn't in Dubai - it was Fujairah which is another Emirate. Fujairah is very conservative and traditional in comparison to Dubai.

I am not taking away from the seriousness of what happened to this lady however I think it is important to distinguish between the Emirates.

Latest posts

Back