Aphlexior

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit

Reaction score
Has anyone else had an email about this product. Anybody used it or know much about it.

Never heard of it what is it?

image.jpg

So it doesn't actually repair broken bonds then?

It's just a cuticle smoothing product judging by those photos. Fancy that!

Ahhh another olaplex knock off!

So it doesn't actually repair broken bonds then?

It's just a cuticle smoothing product judging by those photos. Fancy that!
Yes it re connects the broken bonds

Yes it re connects the broken bonds

No, I'm pretty certain it doesn't.

It actually states;

'acts as a shield against chemical treatments' and
'adding strength to EXISTING bonds'

It doesn't say anywhere that it repairs broken disulphide bonds. I've only seen Olaplex state this outright.

This stuff is written to mislead the reader and make you think that's what it does, but you have to read advertising puff quite carefully.

In fact, it would be breaking the law if it said it repaired broken disulphide bonds and couldn't actually do it.

No, I'm pretty certain it doesn't.

It actually states;

'acts as a shield against chemical treatments' and
'adding strength to EXISTING bonds'

It doesn't say anywhere that it repairs broken disulphide bonds. I've only seen Olaplex state this outright.

This stuff is written to mislead the reader and make you think that's what it does, but you have to read advertising puff quite carefully.

In fact, it would be breaking the law if it said it repaired broken disulphide bonds and couldn't actually do it.

Aphlexior is a re-connecting hair bonding system .
why do we need it
Because hair cannot rebuild itself

Ahhh another olaplex knock off!
Not at all it's a product in its own right and comes compete with all phases from the start

Not at all it's a product in its own right and comes compete with all phases from the start

Do you work for this company?

Think I'll stick with Olaplex, thanks.

Everything else is just a poor imitation as far as I can make out and I only want what works best for my clients.

Think I'll stick with Olaplex, thanks.

Everything else is just a poor imitation as far as I can make out and I only want what works best for my clients.
That's ok I wasn't trying to sell it to you someone had asked what it was
The reason I chose this product is because all products are available we don't have to wait for any phases

"With aphlexior it is possible to bleach the hair repeatedly [emoji33] and turn black to blonde" this is crazy talk! This is what gives clients the unrealistic expectations. I use olaplex confidently but would never say I can bleach your hair repeatedly!!!

"With aphlexior it is possible to bleach the hair repeatedly [emoji33] and turn black to blonde" this is crazy talk! This is what gives clients the unrealistic expectations. I use olaplex confidently but would never say I can bleach your hair repeatedly!!!
I would hate to think that any prof stylist would repeatedly "bleach" hair but I understand clients expect it sometimes

I don't think any professional hairdresser would ever repeatedly bleach hair. Even with Olaplex you still need to have realistic expectations. Hair is organic after all.

Aphlexior is a re-connecting hair bonding system .
why do we need it
Because hair cannot rebuild itself

And what bonds does it exactly reconnect or build? Ingredient deck breaks down as follows:

Aphlexior primary active ingredient is sodium laneth-40 maleate/styrene sulfonate copolymer and is classified as hair waving or straightening hair fixing film forming. With that being said, it will coat the hair. Ethanolamine, the second ingredient, helps to form emulsions by reducing the surface tension of the substances to be emulsified so that water-soluble and oil-soluble ingredients can be blended together. Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) is used in the cosmetics and beauty industry as a binder, film former, emulsion stabilizer, suspending agent and hair fixative. Citric acid is used as a pH adjuster and has a small amount of preservative action. Magnolol and honokiol are derivatives of magnolia bark and used as antioxidants in skincare and Chinese herbal medicine. Morinda citrifolia extract is used as an herbal remedy to combat hairloss. Quercetin is also used to treat hairloss as a medical issue. Polyglyceryl-10 Dipalmitate is used as an emollient and surfactant. Beyond this, you have multiple oils including hazel seed and apricot which provides more film forming. Sorbitan oleate is used as a humectant. Dicetyl phosphate is used as an emulsifying agent. Beyond this, you have more ingredients that do not build or cross link broken disulfide bonds in the hair including phenoxyethanol which is a glycol ether of cetearyl alcohol used as an emolient and emulsifier. Ethylhexylglycerin is used as a surfactant.

You're better off just marketing coconut oil. More cost effective for the stylists and will provide the same results.

There we are then thats your view

Latest posts

Back