Application help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misskiani

Reaction score
So I have a client wanting ombré, she is a level 9/10, and wants a level 7 on roots and midlengths while keeping her colour on the ends. I have never done a ombré like this I have always worked with the ends.

How would be the best application?
I've thought about back combing from the midlengths up, and the applying colour, I thought about combing, and doing an all over colour then pre lightening where needed.

I feel very silly, but I have never done this before and want to make sure what I do is correct. Another thing is just by colouring the roots and midlengths would I coat the ends in container to stop the colour penetrating ?

Thanks in advance!

I've never actually done an ombré this way yet either. But I'd probably put the colour on through the roots and mid lengths and comb the crown section a bit lower than everywhere else and leave the front sections a bit higher. Then after 20/30 mins comb down a bit more and rinse after ten mins to blend the dark through to the ends x

Back comb mid lengths, apply colour on roots, then tilt your brush and blend over the back comb area, apply toner on ends if needed (if that makes sense lol) x

Thank you both so so much!! Would you recommend coating the ends with conditioner before washing out so as the colour does not stick or just leave the hair at the ends as is! Thank you oh so much! X

I don't normally put conditioner on the ends, the colour never runs into the rest of the hair when I wash it out x

Latest posts

Back