Applying Cuccio T3 LED gel - what am I doing wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bambi Malone

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newly qualified nail tech and was trained in NSI hard gels. I've just started using some Cuccio products because, well, they're lovely! Only problem is that I got the T3 LED gel and I'm having a lot of trouble applying it smoothly. The instructions said to apply a thin layer, which was so not working as I'd applied it way too thinly. I then had a look at Cuccio's YouTube video on applying it, and the woman seemed to put it on quite thickly and it really looked lovely. But every time I try it, it just goes on really lumpy! I've not used it on a client yet; only myself, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've tried different size/shape brushes and I can file it down to a nice, smooth shape, but it looks really terrible before I do that. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? I love the product and think it'll be a great option for people who want the strength of an acrylic. Please help! :) TIA x

BUMP

Watching as I am interested in this gel - previously used the Cuccio UV gel.
Looks a great product and I'm hoping it's as good as the UV gel.

BUMP again....anybody?

Hi, I've been trying this as an option to replace my brisa sculpting gel, it is a lot thicker than any I've used before,I have found that just warming the jar a little in my hands first makes it a little more pliable and easier to work with. I've only been using on myself until recently but still had to smooth out a little afterwards x

Hi, I've been trying this as an option to replace my brisa sculpting gel, it is a lot thicker than any I've used before,I have found that just warming the jar a little in my hands first makes it a little more pliable and easier to work with. I've only been using on myself until recently but still had to smooth out a little afterwards x
Hi, thanks so much, I'll give that a try. I appreciate that it stays put and I want to love it, so really want to get over this learning curve quickly, ha ha. I'm going to have another go on my own nails with your technique and see how it goes. :) x

Hi, thanks so much, I'll give that a try. I appreciate that it stays put and I want to love it, so really want to get over this learning curve quickly, ha ha. I'm going to have another go on my own nails with your technique and see how it goes. :) x
I've just redone mine today and my salon was quite warm and the gel was a lot easier to work with [emoji6]x

Cool, thanks for letting me know! I was going to wait a few more days to redo mine, but maybe I'll do it tomorrow instead. I shall let you know how it goes :D x

Hi, I did some training with this gel! You basically put a tiny bit on your brush for the base layer and brush onto your nail, pushing it into your nail as you brush it (if that makes sense) don't cure it, just do your other nails and then go back and bud up your nail as normal! The base layer just ensures that the gel spreads a little easier on your nail as it is so thick, it is self levelling so should even out a bit by the time you have finished your next nail, if not I hold my hand palm up for a few seconds. If its lumpy at first it doesn't matter too much, just file until you get used to it! Xx

Ah, cool, thank you so much for the tips! I did go back and try it again the other day and, like Dexy suggested, I warmed the jar up a little bit in my hands first and it was definitely a bit easier. :-D Em, I'm going to remove one of my nails this week (one I'm not really happy with) so will do what you said, too. I will get the hang of this lol! ;-) I looooove the Cuccio Veneer and all their other products, so I know I'll love this too one of these days. Thanks again for all your help, ladies. Much appreciated!! xx

Latest posts

Back