apprenticeships?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkle_Beauty_

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to do a part time apprenticeship? Im currently doing my NVQ level 2 and i'd really like to do my level 3 once i've completed this but im not able to work or go to college full time
Thanks for reading =o)

im in hull so there may be diffrences dependent upon area so u will have to check but - when i did my beauty therapy course at college only hairdressers could do apprentaships. it would have been better for me to work in a salon and have 'day realese' like other apprentices but as far as i know u cant do them in beauty or so i was told - i dont know why. so i went to college monday to thursday and worked in a clothes shop friday saturday sunday to make some money!! hope this helps x
tori xx

I have done an apprenticeship but not in beauty or hairdressing. I worked to NVQ level 3. I worked full time and went away to college for 2 weeks at a time. I don't think it can be done part time. Apprenticeships are set up by the government so you will be paid for doing that alone - if you did this full time you could recieve a salary.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I've been thinking about perhaps an apprenticeship in hairdressing. Does anyone know how you would go about this?

Thank you x x x

I aksed about this a couple of years ago as I was looking for an a apprentice http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/14064-nail-apprentice.html .

I can't remember who I spoke to in the end, but I remember them saying that it depends if you can find a college near you that offers an apprenticeship day release scheme, there weren't any in my area at the time.

If you do a google search then you will find loads of info, and it's then a case of you phoning and making some enquiries about what is available in your area.

hey louiser i have loads of mates who had done hair dressing appreterships. i think all the details depend on how u want to do it eg full or part time ect??
pm me and i will let u know all the stuff that i know

tori xx

hey louiser i have loads of mates who had done hair dressing appreterships. i think all the details depend on how u want to do it eg full or part time ect??
pm me and i will let u know all the stuff that i know

tori xx

Victoria, don't take this the wrong way, but why pm it? Why not post and share so we can all learn?

It may be more accesible when I researched into it, but it is defo not as easily accessible as hair apprenticeships. Just checking as well that by apprenticeship - you mean that you work in a salon full time on an apprentice's wage and they let you have day release once a week to a local college for your training and your employer sponsors your training? Rather than training in a college full or part time?

oopps - sorry. just thought as it was hairdressing it was off the topic and people wouldnt want to know - my mistake ia m always so worried that iim going to post the wrong thing in the wrong place or something. sorry tori

oopps - sorry. just thought as it was hairdressing it was off the topic and people wouldnt want to know - my mistake ia m always so worried that iim going to post the wrong thing in the wrong place or something. sorry tori

Bless you, no worries! You never know how info can help people, it's all related to apprenticeships and every little helps as they say :lol: :hug:

I have done an apprenticeship but not in beauty or hairdressing. I worked to NVQ level 3. I worked full time and went away to college for 2 weeks at a time. I don't think it can be done part time. Apprenticeships are set up by the government so you will be paid for doing that alone - if you did this full time you could recieve a salary.

Sorry to hijack the thread but I've been thinking about perhaps an apprenticeship in hairdressing. Does anyone know how you would go about this?

Thank you x x x

I've seen two adverts in our local paper advertising for an apprentice hairdresser so i assume you would just ring them and they will tell you what to do. Keep an eye out for local hair salons advertising for apprentices.

I have thank you for you offer of help tori, its greatly appreciated!

I mean, are you allowed to have done 2 apprenticeships?? I have done a google search but it doesn't seem to have many answers!

I am going to look through the job paper this evening and have a look. Is it a case of applying like you would any other job?

thanks again everyone x x x

Thank you x x x

You need to apply to a college and also a salon.

You can do one day a week at college and the rest in salon,please be aware,allthough it was 8 yrs ago i was on £66.00 per week plus tips,because you are in full time employment you are entitled to no help or funding,unless you have children then you get wftc,hth's

If you need any other advise just let me know xx

I enquired about this when i first started in beauty. I spoke to one salon owner that had done it previously & said she would never do it again as she spent a fortune training a girl up then she left after 6 months !

So the poor salon owner had invested money on training materials, college funds & her own time (she would normally be doing treatments herself) then the girl decided it wasn't for her & walked away.

I have heard that Saks do a beauty apprenticeship but im not sure, could try giving them a call.

I enquired about this when i first started in beauty. I spoke to one salon owner that had done it previously & said she would never do it again as she spent a fortune training a girl up then she left after 6 months !

So the poor salon owner had invested money on training materials, college funds & her own time (she would normally be doing treatments herself) then the girl decided it wasn't for her & walked away.

I have heard that Saks do a beauty apprenticeship but im not sure, could try giving them a call.
I had a look on the website for saks and they do offer apprenticeships in beauty, thanks a lot for your help! =o)

Latest posts

Back