Aquarium nail....video :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dessi

Reaction score
I think this is quality, would really like to learn this myself, what I don't get though is how the stick the two together in order to put glitter etc in between them??? any ideas???? xx

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks..that's a cool technique.

Last edited:
Very interesting. I assume it is water.

hi girls i´ve got this dvd and ít´s amazing...

yeah does anyone have any step by step instructions on how to do this?

thanks

Nikki

That was cool but i didnt understand anything that was said. The end result looks good tho

hello girls,, i found this tuto of VHunter, i hope you like it... i´ve got the tutorial in spanish with photographs if you want it, i will send it to you...

sorry about my english, :green:

• Ok, I glued a clear tip to a stick.
  • Then I used my drill and etched only along the seams where the tip would meet the other tip that would be placed on top of it.
  • For the second tip, I etched along the seams on the UNDERSIDE of it where the two would meet.
  • Using Nailite Eurogel (my forze wasn't stiff enough) that is a builder gel that does not move or level one itty bitty iota, I placed some along 3 seams of the tip on the stick but not long the fourth at the free edge (dont know if that makes sense?)
  • I took the 2nd tip, and placed it on top of the first BUT stuck a toothpick in between the two at the free edge, going as deep as the middle of the 'nailplate' if you will. This created a 'pocket'.
  • I then cured it.
  • Placed more gel along the seams, smoothing it out.. cured again.
  • Filed and shaped the seams all nice and tidy, buffed/etched the surface of the top tip
  • Then used a dropper to put the coloured water in between the two tips at the free edge where I'd left it open (removed toothpick of course). Stuck in the fish using tweezers and left enough space at the top so that the water didn't reach all the way to the edge so that some gel could be pushed in between the two edges of the tips.
  • Applied Eurogel again at the seam, pusing some in.
  • Cured while tilting it upright, keeping water away from the seam.
  • Applied some more and smoothed it, cured
  • shaped the free edge and then applied a self levelling gel all over the surface of the tip and coming over the sides and free edge.
  • Cure.

and this tutorial is for the bubble nails, a different technique... i hope you will try it...

How to do a bubble nail
1. Wiggle eyes. (Choose the size depending on what nail you are using it.
2. Glue
3. Acrylic powder and liquid
4. Brush
5. tips (the size you use on the nail you are working)
6. File
7. Buffer
8. Things to fill the bubble as sand, crushed shells, glitter, stars, buillions and water applied with a syringe
9. Nail sp o o n (made with a tip mounted with acrylic to a orangewood stick)
10. Dried flowers, glitter acrylic, or stickers to decorate around the bubble
11. nipper
12. Top coat

How to do it:
1. Remove the backing of the wiggle eye with the knipper, pull it but be careful not to break the plastic.
2. Press the plastic with your thumb to the center of the nail to be applied and pour some glue around the bubble. This nail should not be short. Wait some seconds untill it dries.
3. With a nipper open the top of the bubble. Do not make a wide opening as the water will not fill the entire bubble.
4. With a nail sp o o n, fill your bubble. Begin with the sand, then the crushed shells and then all things you want to add.
5. Using a syringe filled with water, start adding this water to the bubble moving the syringe through the sand and crushed shells to remove the air bubbles inside of it.
6. Seal above the plastic bubble and around with clear acrylic.
7. Decorate around the plastic bubble with dried flowers, glitters, crushed shells or stickers
8. Finish the nail with clear acrylic.
9. File and buff the entire nail.
10. Apply top coat and air dry.

hi all, im new in this.i have a client that wants this. ive been practicing aquarium nails but sometime doesnt seem right. i saw the videos of you tube but they dont see quite clear. i dont understand if the french nail goes on the largest nail or under, when you glue it with acrilyc,should the tips have to be the same size?, because i tried it but in the inside i have half with no acrilyc (this is the part that goes glue on the nail), and when you finished the nail aquarium how to sealed it. Hope somebody help me. thanx. sorry about my english and hope i explained myself.

Latest posts

Back