Are eyelash extensions still popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlekate

Reaction score
Am just wondering whether it is worth training to do these or not? Do they boost your business much?

We run courses in this at The Southern School of Beauty, and I would say it is one of our busiest courses. I know from speaking to students who have done the course that it has really taken off for them. Some are pretty much just doing lashes now as they cant fit in all the other treatments. Think you just need to advertise well and make the treatment affordable. Using good products helps - we use Lashbase and their glue is great. Takes a bit of time and practice though to get to the stage where you can get loads of lashes on in a reasonable time. Need good eyesight and a steady hand too!

I did a course 4 months ago and it's been really busy for me. I've got a lot of bookings in for December x

Ok thanks for that. Are you finding its mostly younger clients having them done or is it popular with older clients too?

Both to be honest. I'd say I have half and half. X

Iv had hardly any since I trained in sept :(

It my business, eyelashes keeps me going. It's 95% of what I do.

Def worth it. Def make it affordable tho. Xx

Well in the past hour I've had 3 bookings for full sets for December! I'd say def go for it!!
I have lashes on offer throughout December but seeing as I've only been doing lashes a few months, I like getting all the practice I can. Plus I'm a new business so still getting on my feet, so any business is good lol
I'd deffo say go for it! Do the course x

I have to say lashes are defo worth doing as they make up the most of my income :)

I did a lash course just for extra money. That was last April 2011. And this April I gave up the day job! And I lash full-time. Love it.

Lashing has given me the good reputation in my town that I have today.

Great to read this thread. I have my training on Monday. Very excited. I ordered my beauty couch today so I can get started with my case studies right away and I've been reading all the threads on here to get a bit of a head start on the knowledge.

Kicking myself for not doing the training earlier this year as I think I'll miss the Christmas rush on them by the time I'm able to take on paying customers but at least by next December I'll hopefully be really good at them.

Do you think I could offer 25% or even 50% off for the first 5 or 10 customers or something so that I can get lots of practise in (after my case studies obviously) quickly while still making some money?

Last edited:
I only do lashes full time. I gave up my other job recently as im too busy with lashes. Im fully booked till after december. I love it !! Totally recommend it. Highest % of my regular ladies would be 40 +.

Hi

May I ask the lovely ladies who have given up day jobs/where lashes are the main part of their job how they promoted what worked well? I only trained in lashes last week and I love it and once my room at home is done all I want to do are lash and brow treatments ideally!

Any tips what worked for lashes would be ace!

xx

Hi,
I've got training in SP eyelashes next week and am really looking forward to it.
Im new to this site so not sure if this question has been asked before but what prices can you charge for them once confident; esp if you're able to do it as your main job? :)
I'm hopefully going to go mobile
Thanks x

Yer if you dont mind me asking what do you all charge for your lashes??

I think the amount you charge really depends on your area. I've got my training tomorrow and I've been spending lots of time looking up other mobile and salons in my town who do it and seeing what they charge. In my city it seems to range from £45 to £110 (that's a very fancy salon though) there's also the Gumtree 'eyelashes for £15' crew but I'm not taking them into consideration because I want to actually be able to pay my mortgage :lol:

I think once I'm confident I'm going to charge £45 for a natural set and also have the option of a glamour set at £65. So those who aren't willing to pay the higher prices still have a cheaper option.

When I first start offering them to paying clients after I've done some friends and family freebies I am thinking of doing them at £30 for the first 5 or 10 (depends how good I am) just to get some people through the doors that I can practise getting my speed up on (warning them that it's likely to take me forever)and take before/after pics of for my advertising to get more people interested.

Ok so I think I have decided to do some training with either lash revolution or eyelash emporium. Any comments on which is best to go with? I'm confused as to which to choose! Have read good reviews of both but want to make sure I choose the right one!

Really pleased to read all these threads. I'm training in December with AH Francis and can't wait. My daughter and I are training together, and are both really looking forward to it. Loads of clients are asking when they can book in, and I've had to send them to a place my friend goes. I think the quality of the products and the skill vary so much. One client had them done on Groupon and said they were awful. Since she's been to the lady I recommended, she's thrilled to bits with them. I like the idea of two levels - more natural ones, and more glamorous ones. Can't wait!

Latest posts

Back