Are hair straighteners bad to use every day?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scuderia

Reaction score
I want to straighten my hair cos its wavy but I have to know is it necessary to use it everyday and if I use it right is it bad or good?

I want to straighten my hair cos its wavy but I have to know is it necessary to use it everyday and if I use it right is it bad or good?

Any heat process is bad for your hair. I personally don't straighten everyday & I would advise not to straighten everyday but if you are going to there are things you can do to help minimise heat damage. Use a good heat defence spray prior to straightening or a product with added heat defence.

The equipment you use is also a big factor, I straighten my hair daily as I plait it every night and as a hairdresser know the damage that can be caused however i can't walk around scruffy lol i use professional products throughout and treat my hair every 4-6 weeks as its extensions it's easily damaged but its fine, my straighteners are fast so you don't need to keep going over and over just run down once and done so no cheap 20 pound jobbies xx if your straighteners snag you hair scrap them, they'll do more damage than good x

Invest in professional shampoo and conditioner and heat defence to keep your hair in best condition. I recommend joico x

Latest posts

Back