Are IBD products any good??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curlygirl33

Reaction score
Hi, I have recently qualified as a nail technician and the products I trained with are IBD. I have been using all my friends and family as practice guinea pigs as I want to set up as a mobile technician but Im finding the gel nail extensions are not staying on very long or seem to pop off quite easily.
I use IBD acrylic also and these are really strong but Im dont have much confidence with the gel system.

This is what I do.
Buff natural nail
Apply tip
Dehydrate
Apply bonder and cure
Apply gel and cure as per instructions in book.

Can anyone give me some advice please???:cry::eek:

Last edited:
Hi, I use IBD gel and don't have too much of a problem with it, I was told to help with lifting to cure the bonder for a bit longer, so I cure that for 2 or 3 mins now, and it seems to help, you say they are popping off, what do you mean by this? are the tips fitted correctly as this can cause this type of failing, also do you use the bonder sparingly, you really do not need to use very much at all and always dab it before curing, make sure the base layer is worked into the nail and not applied too thick, hmmm, if your doing all of that then it maybe a good idea to contact your trainer for further advice. hth. Cx

Are you dong cuticle work? maybe theres some still on the nail plate ?

Ive tried using a number of nail systems including IBD but i like ONS it takes a army to take it off.....

Hi,

I have been using IBD for over 7 years and have not had any problems with it.

Make sure you are curing long enough like the other geeks have mentioned, and have applied the proper size tips.

Also, if applying tips, make sure you have buffed off the shine as the gel needs something to adhere to, and have capped the free edge properly.

hth x x

Hi there, I used IBD gel when I was offering gel nails, I never had an issue with it. I actually loved it. However I am now only offering L&P due to working mobile and not having the room to carry everything with me.

I also use IBD gels and have never experienced any problems with gel popping off or anything like that.

It works perfect for me :)

Thanks for your reply. Ill double check how Im doing the tips. Its good to know the product is good it must be me!! ha ha!

Thanks x

Thanks for your reply. Its good to know the product is good it must be me!! ha ha!

Thanks x

Thanks for the advice. I shall keep on with it x

Hi there, I used IBD gel when I was offering gel nails, I never had an issue with it. I actually loved it. However I am now only offering L&P due to working mobile and not having the room to carry everything with me.
I love l&p too but so many people have said the old saying of 'gel is so much better for your nails!!' therefore Im trying to be great at both.

x

Latest posts

Back