Are there any cuts, colours or techniques you tend to see more of?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redsadie

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm about to begin my 2nd yr NVQ LII in the evenings next Tuesday after being an apprentice for one year in 2008/9.

I'm proper scared as even though I've been reading through my old notes, I just don't know if I'll be able to retain all the old info! :rolleyes:

Anyway, as the title of the thread, are there any cuts, colours or techniques you see or use more often in your business?

Thanks guys :hug:

Sarah. xx

My salon services on average of 60 clients a day. The two most popular cuts are the inverted bob (customized slightly to each) for the ladies, and for the men and boys, a 1/4 inch clip in the sides, and blended into the top.:green:
Gets kind of boring sometimes, but you really learn to rock those cuts.

Thanks Hairsquared, that's helpful :green:

I too get a lot of graduated bobs in, and with my younger clients I see mainly long layers with sweeping fringes.

Graduated bobs and long graduation (just long with layers)

The younger clientele also gets side fringes, heavy, and layered around the face.

Colour wise its ashy blondes, chocolatey browns (If you use wella think 6/73) and quite a few honey blonde tints for grey coverage. Obv this is justa generalisation xx

For me its long layeres, some with a sweeping or blunt fringe. Bleach and toned hi lightes. For men same as hair squared, grade 2-4 on the sides and blended and choppy on top. Im finding more men/young lads want their hair clippered at the sides again now, a couple years ago they wanted choppy scissor cuts all over. 20-30 somethings want more bobs, with sweeping fringe. Long layeres, side part, sweeping fringe, but not with the thickness of the teenagers fringes. Also quiet a few 20somethings are wearing their hair black like Jordan, nicole pussy cat dolls, and corin from BB. And they do it at home, I have frinds who dye their hair black and slap on the tan to try and achieve the dark mediteranion look hope this helps xx

Thanks for the replies guys :)

I'm about to start 2nd yr L2 so was just being nosey really :lol:

Sarah. xx

Latest posts

Back