Are They Too Thin?????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sammie

Reaction score
I've been doing a ladies nails for a few months now and every time she comes back for a rebalance she doesn't have many nails left. Sometimes she doesn't back for weeks on end. She doesn't really look after them that well either, but she loves having them done.

I tend to shape with my brush rather than do too much filing, but i'm wondering whether i'm applying the l&p too thinly.

What do you guys think????

Sammie

Hi Sammie,
One of the main reasons for this happening is clients not having regular infills and rebalances done. You must tell your client that you need to see her every 2-3weeks for maintence treatments.
I wouldn't worry about your application if you don't experience problems with your other clients.
Hths

Hi Sammie

Tell me how you're doing them....... let's get to the bottom of this - she may be one of your mud wrestling, rock climbing, horse riding, dog walkers!!

Whatever - maybe I can help...

Mandini said:
Hi Sammie

Tell me how you're doing them....... let's get to the bottom of this - she may be one of your mud wrestling, rock climbing, horse riding, dog walkers!!

Whatever - maybe I can help...

I had to laugh i don't think she comes under any of those catagories, she is 65+.
But she does do gardening which i think is why this happens. I have told her she must stick to 2/3 weekly maintenance.

I do her nails the way i was taught, i do zones 1,2,3. I do mine the same way and mine always last.

So maybe its coz she doesn't take care of them and isn't sticking to appointments...

2/3 week appointments are very important!! Also I have found that many clients swear blind that they don't do anything to their nails, but after chatting for a bit (and watching them) the real stories come out. Nails tapping on the counter whilst talking, fingers in and out of mouth, no gloves when washing up, yanking washing out of machine with fingernails ..... blah blah blah!!

mooredianne said:
2/3 week appointments are very important!! Also I have found that many clients swear blind that they don't do anything to their nails, but after chatting for a bit (and watching them) the real stories come out. Nails tapping on the counter whilst talking, fingers in and out of mouth, no gloves when washing up, yanking washing out of machine with fingernails ..... blah blah blah!!

this is oooo true, oh well it just fell off...funny the other nine are still on then eh!! then half way through the appointment, i have been so busy decorating the spare room.

I love the "decorating the spare room" comment - LOL!!

Ok - maybe using Radical liquid would help. TOUGH, TOUGH, TOUGH
And - if she's knocking the tips off - look where they are breaking.... if it's just where the adhesive is going, then kill the adhesive - stick 'em on with liquid and powder or sculpt.

I had a client just like this.....will never forget her......and her labrador that used to take her for a walk!!

Maybe you're doing some of this already - let me know....

Mandini said:
I love the "decorating the spare room" comment - LOL!!

Ok - maybe using Radical liquid would help. TOUGH, TOUGH, TOUGH
And - if she's knocking the tips off - look where they are breaking.... if it's just where the adhesive is going, then kill the adhesive - stick 'em on with liquid and powder or sculpt.

I had a client just like this.....will never forget her......and her labrador that used to take her for a walk!!

Maybe you're doing some of this already - let me know....

I'll give it a go using l+p instead of adhesive, see how i get on with that and maybe try radical liquid.

Thanx for the advice

Sammie

Latest posts

Back