• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Salon Geek and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Are you looking for a Beauty Therapy Apprentice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

direct beauty

DB Training Ltd
Reaction score
We are looking for salons in Kent and London to take on Apprentices. All salons will receive a grant up to 1500.00 to take on an apprentice and could be eligible for another 2000.00 depending on the age of the apprentice. The apprenticeship will be salon based only and the apprentice will receive an NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy accredited by VTCT. Please call or email us for more information. ;)

I'm not in that area but wondered how that works...how can you give an NVQ for an apprenticeship? Do they attend college? Who makes sure the salon is up to standard to be able to pass on knowledge etc...just curious.

Hello

No the student does not attend college. All training is in the salon by staff as well as trainers from Direct Beauty. External visits from VTCT are arranged to ensure standards are in place for training.

This sounds so good! Wish I was based in London! 😝 xx

Nicola! Xxx

I take it that this is only applicable to high street based salons, and not home based salons?

There are some fabulous therapists that could offer so much to an apprentice, but you may miss out due to the fact that they work from a hoe based premises.

Philippa x

Hi we will be offering apprenticeships to home based salons if they have a reception and salon facilities that are up to standard. It's such a great opportunity for therapists to have junior therapists working with them and have the confidence that they are working to their standards and students can learn whilst they earn whilst receiving great training and work experience.
Thanks so much for the feedback. Where are you based?
Many thanks
Sam

Apprenticeships are also available in Essex.
Many thanks
Direct beauty Ltd team

Would the apprentice just be working in the salon and helping with reception or actually doing treatments? Would your insurance need to be changed? Do they have any qualifications before hand? Do you have to be a qualified trainer to train them? What standards does the salon have to adhere too?

Regards

Jaymie

I was an NVQ l3 apprentice and am so glad I did it that way! Made me such a better therapist and was able to put 1 year of experience on my CV as soon as I qualified! I was doing treatments, by the end of my apprenticeship I'd built up a steady amount of loyal clients and was asked to stay, but got offered another job :) xxx

Hi Jaymie

I have sent you a private message

I was an NVQ l3 apprentice and am so glad I did it that way! Made me such a better therapist and was able to put 1 year of experience on my CV as soon as I qualified! I was doing treatments, by the end of my apprenticeship I'd built up a steady amount of loyal clients and was asked to stay, but got offered another job :) xxx

Hi Holly thanks so much for your lovely comment. I was also trained in a salon and I gained so much experience and confidence and it was great for the salon as well. I am so pleased the government are putting more money into supporting apprenticeships now. Hairdressing works so well for apprentices and I think its time that the Beauty Industry promote more apprenticeships as well. Good luck with everything and if you ever need an apprentice please contact us.

Many thanks

;)

Hi I was wondering what part of Essex and if Suffolk at all plz??

unfortunately we do not have any assessors in Suffolk at present but if you want me to look for another training provider in the area, I can help you find one?

Many thanks

Sam

I had an apprentice last year who did her two year nvq2 with me. Only I never got the promised money. When I enquired, Bromley college told me the money goes to the college, not the employer. NEVER AGAIN! That apprentice cost me a fortune, drove me mental, and on discovering that she couldn't be sacked, unless it was a gross misconduct, the laziest, most unpleasant girl I ever employed. Total, utter disaster.
Apprentice placement providers should tell the truth. You don't get the £1500, and can't sack them, as the salon agrees to take the place of the school for under 18's. You have to do enhanced health and safety documentation, and put special measures in place for under 18's.

I had an apprentice last year who did her two year nvq2 with me. Only I never got the promised money. When I enquired, Bromley college told me the money goes to the college, not the employer. NEVER AGAIN! That apprentice cost me a fortune, drove me mental, and on discovering that she couldn't be sacked, unless it was a gross misconduct, the laziest, most unpleasant girl I ever employed. Total, utter disaster.
Apprentice placement providers should tell the truth. You don't get the £1500, and can't sack them, as the salon agrees to take the place of the school for under 18's. You have to do enhanced health and safety documentation, and put special measures in place for under 18's.

I am sorry to hear that you was only 'promised' the money. It is such a shame when salons have negative experiences.
On the initial visit with the salons we ensure all paperwork is understood.
Grants are given to salons after 3 months after the apprentice has stated at the salon. 1500 is available for apprentices between 16-18 and is reduced to apprentices above this age. The local councils are now offering additional grants called wage incentives.
We work very closely with the employers to ensure the right apprentice is suitable for the salon. If the apprentice is not happy or the employer is not happy, we will find another placement for the apprentice and another apprentice for the employer. We feel that employer relationship is very important.
Health and safety is a requirement by law and checks must be carried out before apprenticeships start. This is not a long procedure.
We always tell the truth as are business would not benefit from giving false information.
Kind regards

This prompted me to call capital B and find out again why they haven't paid me yet. Yet again, I was fobbed off with 'they're looking at it, plus they're out all day in a meeting, as well as it's on his list of jobs to do'. I've given them seven days to pay, otherwise I'll issue small claims court proceedings.
Thanks for the prompt.

Please contact me ASAP as I just might have salons that will be interested

Cheers

We are looking for salons in Kent and London to take on Apprentices. All salons will receive a grant up to 1500.00 to take on an apprentice and could be eligible for another 2000.00 depending on the age of the apprentice. The apprenticeship will be salon based only and the apprentice will receive an NVQ Level 2 in Beauty Therapy accredited by VTCT. Please call or email us for more information. ;)

Hi everyone we are offering nvq levels 2 and 3 beauty therapy, make up, nails and general routes accredited by vtct. Funding for all salons and free for all apprentices aged 16-18! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1395227057.962030.jpg

Hi yes that would be brillant thank you

Latest posts

Back