Armpit hell!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salzgirlie

Reaction score
So today at college I volunteered to be a model.

She put hot wax under my armpit and all I can say is that I have never experienced pain like it (and I have had 2 children).

It is still hurting.

Not her fault, she was actually really good but hot wax is the procedure at college.

Is is meant to hurt this much?? I don't think I will be using hot wax on my clients once qualified.

Salzgirlie xx

Lmao think u gona make the rest of us do a no show next Saturday! Think ill be sticking to warm wax! But can that be used 'everywhere'?? X

I think you will actually find that Hot Wax when applied correctly is much less painful than Warm wax and much more suited to this area and any areas where the hair is thick/terminal/pubic.

I only ever use hot wax for these areas.

Its never goig to be pleasant but the majority find it much more comfortable than strip/warm.

If its still hurting I would suggest she has taken some of the skin away.

Use some antiseptic cream and avoid deo/perfumed creams and hot showers!

Hot wax is trickier to get the hang of and I have avoided it but am doing tr Perron Rigot intimate wax training with Kim Lawless at the end of the month as it is definitely better for intimate waxing! I did a Hollywood for a friend, first time I used only warm wax & her feedback was that it was quite sore afterwards. 2nd time I used Perron Rigot's Euroblonde for the lips & she said it was much better. It didn't look sore afterwards at all!! So stick with it but research your brand and get trained with them as well as some are newer waxes and different rules apply xxx

I too use hot wax on most areas (only place I use strip is on legs) and it shouldn't have hurt like it sounds it has! I love using it more than strip, and it is so much for comfortable for clients, all of mine have said this. Hot wax at college is rubbish so please don't write it off like so many in college do.

I think you will actually find that Hot Wax when applied correctly is much less painful than Warm wax and much more suited to this area and any areas where the hair is thick/terminal/pubic.

I only ever use hot wax for these areas.

Its never goig to be pleasant but the majority find it much more comfortable than strip/warm.

If its still hurting I would suggest she has taken some of the skin away.

Use some antiseptic cream and avoid deo/perfumed creams and hot showers!

It is really hurting (I would go as far as saying a gentle throb). Will get the savlon out now!

The worst thing is my tutor has told me not to shave the other armpit this week as she will use me to show the rest of the class how to do it!! B good to see if she does it differently.

It is really hurting (I would go as far as saying a gentle throb). Will get the savlon out now!

The worst thing is my tutor has told me not to shave the other armpit this week as she will use me to show the rest of the class how to do it!! B good to see if she does it differently.

Be!!! Not B. I hate text talk! xx

Try suda creme, it really takes the sting away. Cold compress if necessary. Avoid heat and deoderant.

Hot wax shouldn't hurt like that, perhaps the temperature was too hot or she didn't stretch properly/pull correctly. If it is a graze you may find that the skin peels a little in a couple of days.

Shouldn't the trainer have shown the class how to use the wax before letting a student use it on you? lol

Hope you feel better soon xx

Try suda creme, it really takes the sting away. Cold compress if necessary. Avoid heat and deoderant.

Hot wax shouldn't hurt like that, perhaps the temperature was too hot or she didn't stretch properly/pull correctly. If it is a graze you may find that the skin peels a little in a couple of days.

Shouldn't the trainer have shown the class how to use the wax before letting a student use it on you? lol

Hope you feel better soon xx

Thank you! I have just realised that I have worded it all wrong. We are in a private beauty college. There are only 10 students in our class. 6 of us started in September and the other 4 started in January so they are on there last term and working on 'proper clients'. I was that client today so she has used hot wax before. Next week, my tutor is going to show us 6 how to do it.

Hope that makes sense. Just off to sort out my wound! xx

Hot wax hurts lots less on underarms than strip wax.
It obviously was down to the person doing it.
I have my underarms waxed all the time with hot wax.
I desperately needed my underarms waxed one day and the other therapist wasn't available so I thought I'd talk my sister through it. She has waxed my legs before and even though she isn't a waxer she did an okay job so I thought it would be ok.
Well it wasn't! It hurt like hell and I had to get her to stop. So much for my bright idea!
It is not painless but it shouldn't hurt that much. Hot wax does take a bit of getting used to but it is definitely better to use especially if the person is experienced.
Hopefully it will be better next time.

I had my underarms done in college with strip wax and it was one of the most painful experiences of my life!

I always said I'd never have it done again. But when I did further training with Kim Lawless and we used PR Euroblonde, it hardly even stung!

What type of hot wax is it? Is it one of the old ones, where you apply against and remove against?

Latest posts

Back