Aromatherapy Associates & Decleor Skin Care Products

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruby19

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anybody tell me their experiences of using either Aromatherapy Associates products or Decleor products? I'm looking at bringing in one of these to compliment my existing range.

I'm looking to find out about the companies, support, products, etc.

Do clients like the products and treatments and do you have good retail sales for aftercare.

Thanks for any help :)
Ruby19

I've used both, and currently stock Decleor. Out of the two I prefer Decleor, but that's mainly because I feel the AA facial range is very limiting (only two ranges & the new anti-age one smells awful!) & skincare is one of my main interests. The body treatments for AA are lovely though, and the bath oils are gorgeous. In terms of retail, I sell more Decleor than I ever did AA, and the support & training from Decleor has been much better (more free samples/testers, more free literature & displays/signs etc).

Thanks for the reply Martin.

Did you feel that the facial range of AA was effective and got results? How different is the facial towards Decleor as I have had several Decleor treatments personally and found that although the treatment was lovely, when I used the products at home my skin became quite congested and I had to go back to my original cleanser.

Why did you feel that clients bought more Decleor than AA? Is it becuase it is better known?

Thanks again
Ruby19

The AA facial products smelt nice, but no, the facials didn't get any real results and there are no professional only products as in the Decleor range. To be honest it's more of a retail range than a treatment range, and there's only two lines; rose & balance. The AA facial is also a fairly standard affair to be honest. I think the lack of retail success came down to the fact the range is really geared more towards pampering than results & most people look for something more than a nice smell in skincare, whereas the AA body products flew off the shelves!

I've had no complaints from my Decleor clients - could be you were sold the wrong product?

My fave hotel group has AA as the in room toiletries! We always clear them out after having the room made up so we get a fresh stock at turn down. Then I call housekeeping and ask for extra!!

They are lovely lovely products, but I would say that they make a nice retail add-on to a salon / spa rather then a core treatment range.

Mat

They are lovely lovely products, but I would say that they make a nice retail add-on to a salon / spa rather then a core treatment range.

I agree entirely with that assessment, but in my experience their body & bath products sell better than their face products.

Thanks again....

Your thoughts are more or less along the lines of what I was thinking.

I wasn't sold the wrong products, they were sent to me by a rep and I used them over the course of a month. I did like them but I felt that they didn't agree with my skin.

What is the body care range like with Decleor...is it better than AA?

Ruby19

Latest posts

Back