Aromatherapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daffodilltoon

Reaction score
Hello
Do you need a qualification to blend Essential Oils for use on clients.
I’ve got 1 credit at Level 2 Aromatherapy but not sure if it’s enough

It's 8 years since I taught aromatherapy in College but as far as I remember level 3 aromatherapy unit allowed you to use pre-blended oils and level 4 allowed you to blend your own.
Which exam board is your level 2 aromatherapy with and I'll look it up for you.
I suspect a level 2 might be 'an introduction to' aromatherapy as body massage is a level 3 unit and you have to have this to carry out treatments obviously.

I’ve just completed level 3 Body Massage which included a massage with pre blended oils .
my Aromatherapy qualification is with NOCN it was back in 2004

Attachments

• 0EE295FD-9AB7-4177-A3B5-2238FA7E2926.jpeg
    0EE295FD-9AB7-4177-A3B5-2238FA7E2926.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 28E23DF0-01C9-4FF4-A2F9-50F62398EB0F.jpeg
    28E23DF0-01C9-4FF4-A2F9-50F62398EB0F.jpeg
    321.9 KB · Views: 7
I’ve just completed level 3 Body Massage which included a massage with pre blended oils .
my Aromatherapy qualification is with NOCN it was back in 2004
Hi, thanks for this.
It doesn't look like your level 2 runs anymore but looking at how nocn works, it does look likely that you have an introductory unit. With nocn you collect credits which give a full qualification once you have enough. As your certificate is from 2004, this also means that it is unlikely to be recognised now (sorry, harsh I know but that's what an exam board would say!)

However, very good news that you now have your level 3 in massage. Well done! The unit in pre-blended oils means that you can provide aromatherapy massage for clients, with insurance, using pre-blended oils. To be honest (and I've been an aromatherapist for 32 years!!) just go with this, certainly for a few years anyway. The pre-blended oils are of such good quality, balance & therapeutic value it hardly makes it worth stocking and mixing individual oils these days. Yes, keep a few of the basics but on the whole just buy in a range of pre-blended oils for the different client needs. It also makes it easy to retail a matching oil for home use in between their treatments.

Personally, I think the best oils are from Tisserand, and they do a wide range of pre-blended oils supported by the matching retail products.

https://www.tisserand.com/tisserand-for-professionals-registration-form/
They have some educational courses or you could look for a full level 4 or 5 aromatherapy course in a couple of years once you've got some experience under your belt.

Other brands to look at are Aromatherapy Associates (expensive), Kaeso and Purple Flame (affordable and available through wholesalers, but not the same quality really)

Good luck, hope this helps.

Thanks so much for this, where do you buy your pre blended oils from ?

Thanks so much for this, where do you buy your pre blended oils from ?
Tisserand. Set yourself up a professional account to get trade prices.

Latest posts

Back