Arrgh! Builders are losing me business!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Issy

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I rent a small small salon with a studio flat upstairs which has been empty for ages. I've never met my landlord as he lives in another country so the office next door to my salon deals wih the lease. They've always been great, never interfere and let me go about my busines...BUT it appears that someone has bought the flat upstairs and it's being totally rennovated. The noise is driving me mad! :irked: I've been warning my clients about the banging and drilling and those coming in for small treatments ie. waxing, manicures have been fine, but understandably,facial and massage clients have cancelled. I'm just so cross that no one warned me about this and now i'm losing money and more importantly, potential clients!

I just wanted to know whether any of you geeks have experienced anything like this and how you dealt with it? My rent is due at the end of the month and I feel like asking if I can have a reduction? I don't want to go storming in there if that sounds silly though!

Sorry its a long one guys and gals, just feeling really :mad: !!!

Any comments/advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you! xx

You should ask for a reduction! They might say no if there is no clauses in your lease relating to this but its worth asking.

We had the same situation this year in the unit next to ours but we used to just pop round to the builders and say we have a massage coming in at X time so please can you have a tea break then. They were more than willing to help!

Even if you find out how much longer it will be going on for or what times the builders are working so you can schedule your appointments around this.

Lilac

Hi! Thanks so much for your reply. They don't work on a Saturday so at the moment I'm trying to schedule any relaxing treatments then. That's a good idea to ask the builders directly. They seem like nice guys so I'm sure they'd be fine!
Thanks again XX
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back