Artistic Colour Gloss removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maristar

Geloso Nails
Reaction score
Just wanting others experience, opinions & tips on removal.

I have only just started using artistic colour gloss & used goddess on myself but found it didn't remove as easily as the gel polish that I normally use. (Ibd just gel)

I find ibd just gel just falls off after 10 minutes. The powerbond can be a little bit more stubborn to remove, but the actual polish removes quickly & easily.

I soaked acg for 25 minutes & it only softened the gel. I had to scrape it all off.

I broke the seal, used the acg remover & foil wraps.

I'm loving the polish itself but not the removal so far.

Just wanted to add - I went & did a workshop on acg, but when I arrived I found out it was a nail art workshop. Not what I signed up for, so i wasnt able to get all the info i wanted on the product. However, I applied some of the polishes (5 different colours) & had the same problem with removal.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this normal for acg?

Hi :)

I use ACG too so can hopefully help.

Do your foils have the cotton pads already on them or do you use your own cotton pad?

I find I have to really drench the cotton pad to get great removal. I use my own cotton pads with tin foil and find that the trick is getting the right amount of cotton pad so that it holds enough remover but doesn't retain it.

It may be best for you to practice removal with different amounts of cotton pad, that's definitely what helped me. I find it comes off a treat now. Hth xxx

Thanks for replying. How long does it generally take you? Do you find it just comes off in the foil when you remove them?

I have the foils with the cotton pad already attached. The cotton is quite thin in the ones I have though.

They do the job perfectly for ibd. I will play around using a thicker cotton pad & see if it makes a difference with acg.

Deleted double post

Your welcome Hun.

It roughly takes me 10/15mins, yeh it does just fall off. I do get some stubborn bits tho but I think that's normal.

I also find that giving it a good buff helps loads, I buff god whole surface, just breaking the seal of a small bit of the top coat doesn't work for me. Xxxx

Just wanting others experience, opinions & tips on removal.

I have only just started using artistic colour gloss & used goddess on myself but found it didn't remove as easily as the gel polish that I normally use. (Ibd just gel)

I find ibd just gel just falls off after 10 minutes. The powerbond can be a little bit more stubborn to remove, but the actual polish removes quickly & easily.

I soaked acg for 25 minutes & it only softened the gel. I had to scrape it all off.

I broke the seal, used the acg remover & foil wraps.

I'm loving the polish itself but not the removal so far.

Just wanted to add - I went & did a workshop on acg, but when I arrived I found out it was a nail art workshop. Not what I signed up for, so i wasnt able to get all the info i wanted on the product. However, I applied some of the polishes (5 different colours) & had the same problem with removal.

What am I doing wrong? Or is this normal for acg?

In my experience, ACG removes similarly to IBD or Gelish, which is about 15 minutes tops. Two things, I believe that ACG, like Gelish is acetone resistant, which makes for great durability but can make for tougher removals, so make sure you buff it well. The other thing is in application, difficult removals often come down to a too thick application. Try making your application even thinner; I often dot it on and then spread/scrub using a gel brush.

Thank you :)

I always break the seal by filing over the entire nail.

I don't think my application is too thick, but I Will keep a closer eye on application.

What do you use to remove it? The acg remover?

The other day I removed 1 hand with the acg remover & the other with opi expert touch. Both much the same.

I was told to file over the whole top surface so you are removing the top coat and then it normally only takes 15 mins max, if you do extra nail art or extra coats it will take longer but you can file the coats down (very gently) so there is less gel polish for the acetone to eat in too this has helped me :) oh yes and using more acetone/gel remover then usual you want the pad quite wet

Thank you. I think will file the surface a bit more & see if that helps.

I'm really liking the polish so hope I can get the removal to be quicker.

I remove Gelish and ACG with D Solve and it's so much better than anything else. I buff each one lightly in one place then soak a small piece of a cotton wool ball (I only use 1 and a bit for all 10 nails) place it on the nail and wrap it in hairdresser's foil. By the time I've made a cuppa I can start removing the first one. I usually have to lightly scrape the remains of the product off. I then do cutiles and shape the nail before moving onto the next one.

Another tip I will add is I do each finger individually eg. File surface then wrap and then go to next finger by the time I'm at the end the first one is pretty much ready for removal :)

also now its getting colder weather - your removal might be taking longer too - try heated mits or those wheateze things you heat in the microwave - this def sppeds up the removal process. x

Ok, im back again. I'm still having the same problem no matter what I try.

It's so odd, iv done 3 removals where it came off easily in the foil with only a few bits to push off & all the rest have been stubborn.

I literally have to scrape it all off. Thankfully I can do this without damaging the nail, but it's frustrating.

I removed my polish tonight, acg base, sassy x 2, acg top. I even buffed off the top coat & through some of the colour & all it did was soften it enough to be scraped off. When I pulled the foils off, the polish had not budged.

Surely I can't be the only one experiencing this.

Oh, I'm in oz, and it's summer here, so cold weather can't be a factor.

Hmmmm......... the only thing I can think is the thickness of base coat? If you use too much (and I'm not saying you are) it can cause this problem.

Other than that, I have no idea what to add. Sorry I can't help. Xxx

Where can I buy d solve please..? X

I am currently having the same issue.. Have you ever found a way to make the removal easier??

I find it harder to remove on thinner, weaker nails. I find this true of all gel polishes actually. On a thick strong nail artistic just falls off.
If it's not budging in wraps I'll soak in warm acetone in soak off bowls. Comes of super duper quick!

I am currently having the same issue.. Have you ever found a way to make the removal easier??
I'm finding the same thing....i literally can't put gel layers in any thinner! I'm looking at changing brands!

You shouldn't be finding it this hard to remove I used to soak and pad in ACG remover for 19/15 minutes and it oiled just flick off or file the free edge and lightly over the top and then wrap the same and in 7 minutes it's completely off but I probably spend a good 3 minutes with a file!

Latest posts

Back