ASP Signature - chips easily?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dinlo1985

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been using ASP signature gel polish and I find it has been peeling off or chipping really easily. Has anyone else had similar problems - seriously considering switching brands. It's not as shiny as others that I have seen like shellac, and it just doesn't seem to last. Thanks in advance

Hi,
I have been using ASP signature gel polish and I find it has been peeling off or chipping really easily. Has anyone else had similar problems - seriously considering switching brands. It's not as shiny as others that I have seen like shellac, and it just doesn't seem to last. Thanks in advance

It all depends on the quality of the nails you apply it to, and that goes for ALL UV cured polishes.

If the nails are damaged and thinned

If the nails are naturally thin and bendy

If the nails are in water allot without protection

If the nails are not thoroughly prepared before you apply

All of these things promote lifting problems. ASP will not be allot different to any other Gel.

A few things about Shellac that put in a unique category ...
It is shinier than any gel and the shine lasts.
It removes faster than any gel
It is hypoallergenic
Fastest to apply
No natural nail buffing
Minimal preparation of the natural nail
There is no other Shellac than CND Shellac x

Hello Dinlo.

Just read your post. I also use ASP Signature gel and wasn't entirely convinced o start with.

BUT I persevered. It's difficult to remove but I have found a few ways of speeding it up.

As for chipping, make sure you cap the edges really well. It shouldn't really peel, if it does I think you might not be white blocking enough, or prepping the nail. We were told not to be tempted to touch the nail after its been buffed and prepped.

When I started I used a cheap ish UV lamp, but invested in an LED lam. It made such a if difference to the shine.

Good luck! It's not easy, people assume its just like a manicure, but it takes time and patience. Xx

I love ASP Signature gel polish. I have been getting five weeks out of a set of gel.
With ASP, you have to make sure it's fully cured.
Don't over file the natural nail, that's the mistake I made. But make sure you've taken off enough of the natural shine off.
Fully bond the nail, and don't apply to much base gel. I find this helps.
If you are applying the same colour as before then you don't have to fully remove the colour with acetone. You can remove the gloss layer and just bond and base the regrowth area. Then apply as usual.

I really can't say why you aren't getting a good shine as it's not a problem I've had. Have you had training with ASP?

One of the most important things is to stir the bottles using the stirring wand.. If the bottle is not mixed then you get uneven pigment gel ratio that leads to uneven curing.

Hi,

Are you using their nail prep and bonder before putting the base coat on?

As with all systems training is a must. I love signature and its brought me in a lot of business. Stick with it and you will see the results. It's not a quick service, but charge for for the extra time it takes.

If you want a faster service with a bigger reputation than maybe you should try our some different lines. CND are the god of all nail products and I'm sure they will have something you would get on with. Xx

Hello :)
I used this brand for a short while and I really didn't enjoy it, I switched all soak off to gelish or artistic colour gloss.

I found it was peely and chipping on most clients and one colour was changing from pink to orange.

I've only had one client with habitual chipping, but she said she's had this with other brands of gel polish/power polish.

I get on with it really well, but I've learned a lot from their training days. Their system is 4th generation gel so it's slightly different to other brands.

Smuff - I've ordered the mini kit as I'm going to do some practising on myself. I can't get on the course until I completed my manicure unit which should be next month. They've advised I only do the 1/2 day course as I'm currently training on manicures so should be bang up to date with that routine - did you do this? VAT free on training at the moment so it's only £45 which is amazing!!

The little kit has nail prep (in a polish shape bottle) other brands seem to have some kind of wipe solution - do you use this as well. As I say, only going to use on myself as I would NEVER risk a treatment I'm not fully training in on a client. :biggrin:

Smuff - I've ordered the mini kit as I'm going to do some practising on myself. I can't get on the course until I completed my manicure unit which should be next month. They've advised I only do the 1/2 day course as I'm currently training on manicures so should be bang up to date with that routine - did you do this? VAT free on training at the moment so it's only £45 which is amazing!!

The little kit has nail prep (in a polish shape bottle) other brands seem to have some kind of wipe solution - do you use this as well. As I say, only going to use on myself as I would NEVER risk a treatment I'm not fully training in on a client. :biggrin:

If you didn't get the wipe off solution with it then they will use either the trainers solution or another students solution. To be honest with you it's an alcohol solution which is the same as sanitiser spray with an oil in it. I use sanitiser spray in a pump bottle as I use cuticle oil afterwards any way. I did the full one day course because I wanted extra manicure training. You will love the course and it's so informative. My advice is don't use the products until the training because they give you the low down on every detail regarding its use and removal. Xx

Latest posts

Back