Assessor/teaching advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magicalkayles

Reaction score
Hi there
I have one week of my ptlls course left and I am a little lost where to go from here. I am self employed, not sure if I should go for the dtlls just yet. I've started looking into the assessor courses, is this essential to get a job in teaching? Anyone know he difference between the taqa and a1? I'm in beauty therapy.
Thankyou :)

Hi,

I'm currently looking for somewhere to do my PTLLS. After this I want to do my Assessors award.
From what I know, the TAQA replaced the A1 Assessors Award (forgive me if I'm wrong!).

Shaz

Hiya you can't do PTLLS then go onto DTLLS you need to do CTLLS before hand :) the course is changing as of this sept the PTLLS n CTLLS ( it's already happened at my college due to them piloting the course) but they have merged creating 1 unit called cert in ed, then DTLLS but..... You will prob need TAQA to enable yourself to be in for a good chance of a teaching post as you will need to be able to sign the students off as they go through the qual :) I'm currently doing my CTLLS n then I'm concentrating on my job as it's new post then gonna do DTLLS at somepoint in future hth x

If I wanted to offer spray tan courses, would I need to do all these courses? Xx

If you want to offer private courses you don't necessarily need any teaching qualifications, are you going to write and set your own? What about accreditation? Best bet is to speak to the insurance company you plan on accrediting them through. In regards to ptlls/dtlls etc , I obtained my ptlls and work in a teaching college, you don't need to do your dtlls and can progress straight onto dtlls but you have to be able to have x amount if teaching hrs to back it up. Again, find a reputable company and speak to them directly about what their requirements are. you can wven then obtain qts. in regards to taqa maybe go that royte as thats a good one to have looking for jobs as nvq assesir etc whicj might be a atepping atone into the industry for you. good luck! Very rewarding and worth doing!

Sorry I'm typing on my phone, meant to say don't need to do ctlls and you can go straight onto dtlls

Sorry for the late reply but just wanted to thank you for the advice. My tutor said that I can go on to dtlls from ptlls no need for the ctlls which is good. Think I will look into taqa or a1. Anyone completed it and can say how long it took? x

Latest posts

Back