Assessor Training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mystique

Reaction score
Hey
Can anyone guide me on Assessor training for beauty/hair. Or refer me to a link which could help.
Thanks

Hi,
I've just finished my A1.
Have you contacted your local college? There might still be someone there even though it is the holidays.
That's how i did it.
Not sure if you know anything about the award but you need 2/3 candidates to cover units of the assessment book.
Not a really difficult qualification to get through once you've got your head around all the terminology.
Not sure what you would like to know but if you have an questions i will try to help if i can.

:hug:

Hi!Ive completed my A1 and just to echo Goldylocks, contact your local college and they will be able to give you any info that you require! If you cant get through to anyone with it being summer breaks-try their website, as I found that mine had a fair bit of info on in relation to entrance requirements, course start dates etc!Feel free to PM me if you have any qs!Il try my best to ans them!!!xxx

Hi,
I've just finished my A1.
Have you contacted your local college? There might still be someone there even though it is the holidays.
That's how i did it.
Not sure if you know anything about the award but you need 2/3 candidates to cover units of the assessment book.
Not a really difficult qualification to get through once you've got your head around all the terminology.
Not sure what you would like to know but if you have an questions i will try to help if i can.

:hug:

Thanks for the help. I did but Im having trouble finding the 2 NVQ students as the local colleges dont help in that. What did you do?

Hi,

You could ask at your local college if it's possible for you to shadow a tutor during class, therefore giving you access to students and also help with the assessing terminology...hth.

Good Luck,
Sarah x

I work at the college part time so candidates weren't a problem.
Like Sarah mentioned you could enquire about shadow teaching, this would be down to the depatment at your local college. Give them a call and ask them, it is the hols but someone will be about.
Do you have any friends with a salon and students?
I hope you manage to work something out.

x

I too have just literally handed in my Assessors portfolio and had my professional discussion today. Boy am I glad that is over and done with. Lots of paperwork but well worth the effort.
There is a lady in our college who has paid for the course herself and is shadowing other Assessors so that she can gain knowledge and then also can Assess herself with one of the other Assessor's counter signing everything. It's a good idea too to use photographic evidence ie manicures. Pick units that will be manageable and also check with other colleagues which students you think will last the course as two of our others Assessors had alot of problems with girls not completing the course and dropping out.
Any way best of luck with it all
Pm me if you need any more help

Latest posts

Back