Associations! Are they worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carri

Reaction score
Do many of you belong to any associations such as ANT? Is it worth it? Any advice appreciated!:biggrin:

I'm not sure what ANT is, but joining a professional organization establishes oneself as a serious professional who is passionate about the industry and takes it seriously. Membership shows that one values upholding standards that are important to the organization (and usually to the industry as a whole) such as proper training, sanitation, continuing education, health and safety, etc. It can serve as a great networking tool, both if one wants to grow as a professional, or if one wants to mentor another professional. I strongly believe that good professional organization should also keep members up-to-date on innovations, current events, and milestones in the industry. The Guild of Nail Technicians and the Guild of Beauty Therapists seems like the best one in the UK. They send out regular publications to members and are able to offer things like insurance and discounted business accounts through certain banks.

The Beauty Guild: Nails

If you're serious about your career and wish to keep up-to-date on things, I think it's totally worth joining a pro org. HTH! :green:

Latest posts

Back