At home business - Prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuba1984

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Just wondering what you all think of the prices clients are willing to pay for an at home salon?

I run my salon from home, and my prices are a good $5-$10 cheaper than other salons. I was looking today at other home salons, and they were offering $10 ebw, and $15 bikini waxes, $35 for Brazilians etc etc.. How do they even make money?

I guess my question is, my service is the same, if not better, than salons that aren't run from home, so, why do people expect it to be at a lower price?

Thanks Geeks!
x

I can understand that people think home salons are just for outdated hairdressers. It.Is obviously not the case. But if you can get them in the door with a low price and wow them on service, I bet theyd come back for 'regular price.

Im home salon and im the most expensive in my area there are 4 other salon/shops near me, I don't work my prices on what other salons charge :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

I genuinely believe people will pay for good service , they will pay more for exceptional service !

But do you want one client paying £50 or 20 paying £25 ??

Well I charge $45 (AUD) for a Brazilian, and I think that is more than reasonable.

So, what I mean is, I think people expect it to be down to $30 , just because I am from home. My room looks and feels like a real salon, and more often than not, I provide better service! After hearing horror stories from my clients.

Do you think at home businesses can be just as successful as the latter?

Well I charge $45 (AUD) for a Brazilian, and I think that is more than reasonable.

So, what I mean is, I think people expect it to be down to $30 , just because I am from home. My room looks and feels like a real salon, and more often than not, I provide better service! After hearing horror stories from my clients.

Do you think at home businesses can be just as successful as the latter?

Yes it can be more successful because I am busier than I was in the salon :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back