At my wits end with client and extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lb61809

Reaction score
ok I have a client I fitted her with my usual supplier of Russian/Mongolian hair a year ago and she wore the hair for a year and they were perfect no complaints although when she turned up for her maintenance appointments the hair itself always seemed a bit dry and messy but once styled looked good! She is the type who wears her hair quite messy and unruly anyway as her own hair is quite wavey! Anyway fitted her with a new set of the same supplier and she told me they were matting after 3 weeks but didn't come see me until her regular maintenance appointment so I agreed I could see they were all bunched up as of the cuticle wasn't correct AND the same week one of my other regulars with the same brand of hair complained she thought the hair was quite tuggy this time. Also I wore a set myself recently and found them knotting quite badly so I went to the supplier and they offered me a small discount so I accepted and replaced the hair. Then my client messaged again 2 weeks later to say it was happening again! So I completely believed her and got onto my supplier who refused to do anything blaming it on clients aftercare! I was so angry as I really felt the hair should be replaced or given a refund! They offered to test the hair but I said no as it seemed like my supplier had already made up their mind so I felt it was useless! So I replaced the hair again a second time with my old faithful angel remy who I've never had any quality issues with and yep she comes back again saying after she washed it the first time with L'Oréal everstrong shampoo and conditioner it's happened again worse than ever... now I'm thinking how can it be possible that a third set from a different supplier has sent me a bad batch and anyone who's used angel before knows how good the quality is!?!!! I've already spend over £300 plus my time removing and refitting two sets for her! I don't know what else to do? Any advice? Again worth noting although she wore the first set for a year you could tell she's not the type to look after them religiously... they were always quite dry and tuggy when she showed up? Any advice appreciated just at my wits end now!

Sounds like poor aftercare, get her in for a complimentary wash and blow dry and show her the steps she needs to take when washing, conditioning, drying etc. You can then see for yourself how the hair reacts, if its in nice condition after her wash and blow-dry you know its what she is doing herself at home and you can send her on her merry way. If she continues to struggle then advise her to book in for a weekly wash and blow dry (fully chargeable of course). Some clients just need their hands holding.

Was it supreme style extensions?

There was one client who moved house and when she washed her extensions they matted, tried numerous suppliers and it happened them to, it was her water supply! The water was really hard. Her friends extensions matted when she stayed over and washed them!

^^^ I was just about to suggest the water- I have a hot water cylinder plus hard water and it makes my hair so horrible- matted, built up and generally unmanageable. I use Malibu c wellness every so often, do a sugar scrub to manually remove any stubborn surface residue and often do a final rinse with bottled water. I’m not an extensionist but the brown sugar scrub is good if you can’t find a hair exfoliator- I oftenmix it in with hair oil as a pre wash treatment in lieu of using chemicals to detox my hair- whilst it’s not professional it’s something that our clients can do at home to maintain scalp health and hair condition.

Thanks I thought about water but she had a set before that were fine?? No it wasn’t supreme it was a well known supplier often talked about on here! Good idea about washing and blow drying I will suggest that!!

I'm not an extensionist......but am qualified in wigmaking.
It sounds like the cuticle is interlocking.
The root and point are not correct.

Latest posts

Back