Atkins

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley Blakemore

The Beauty Room
Reaction score
Anyone done Atkins? I tried it a few years ago and I am thinking of trying it for a bit to shift a bit of weight, does anyone have any tips or things to refresh my memory about the diet?

I know that it's not what you are asking but have you thought about Lighterlife? It's the same principal, but I find it easier to plan meals/foodpacks.

I did Atkins about 10 years ago and lost a lot of weight. I found it really easy and never was hungry. Over the years I've slipped back into bad habits so I'm thinking of doing it again. It's a good one for men too so I'll be doing it with OH. I'm going to sit down and read the book again as there's more to it than giving up bread and pasta. Let me know if you start it so we can support each other. X

I know that it's not what you are asking but have you thought about Lighterlife? It's the same principal, but I find it easier to plan meals/foodpacks.

Do you have to pay for lighter life? I am terrible for diets and don't want to throw too much money into one because I can never stick to one 100%...I think I'm doomed to be fat forever!! I did it years ago and was surprised at how much weight came off in such a short time although I put it all back on, I just need a kick start as i have put in so much weight over winter! So it's no carbs, no fruit veg, just meat eggs and cream? Is that right? I need to fish my book out

Do you have to pay for lighter life? I am terrible for diets and don't want to throw too much money into one because I can never stick to one 100%...I think I'm doomed to be fat forever!! I did it years ago and was surprised at how much weight came off in such a short time although I put it all back on, I just need a kick start as i have put in so much weight over winter! So it's no carbs, no fruit veg, just meat eggs and cream? Is that right? I need to fish my book out

Yes, you buy the food packs, which when you work it out, it's that expensive. I lost 2 and a half stone in two and a half months, and I found it easy because you don't have to think about food at all.

They also do the 5 -2 fasting diet with lighterlife. Some of the food packs can be bought in Superdrug but it's good to go to the group first to see how it's done.

I appreciate it's not for everyone.

Latest posts

Back