Attracting the right type of client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misstoniilou

Reaction score
Hi ladies. I remember reading a few bits from geeg on the type of client you want.

Well. Im writing this because i have no idea how to attract them.

I do not believe my prices are high at all. They are higher than the NSS places here and considerably higher than some "mobile techs" doing nails at a tenner a set. I have actually had to fix these sets a few times.

Yet people still scoff at my prices.

A "friend" actually laughed at me and told me no one will be paying that and im afraid to say shes right so far.

I KNOW there are people out there willing to pay for quality. But how do you go about attracting those.

I get loads of interest when people see my work but as soon as they realise i wont be doing it for pittance they go silent and never speak to me again.

The only idea i have so far is leafletting areas that are more affluent. However, i also feel i am being judgemental there as i am not from an affluent or well off family and i have always been happy to pay for quality services. How do you go about targetting the good type of client?

FB_IMG_1460841810568.jpg

FB_IMG_1460841793464.jpg
FB_IMG_1460841784698.jpg

Ps i know the two shorter sets are odd in roundness on the top. Theyre not freshly done. I tend to wear out the points because my horse insists i scratch his bum vigourously along with various other horsey tasks wearing at them

They look nice.. I would do a cheaper price for a new customer that way your luring them in and then once they see your work they will then decide if your worth the extra by upping the price that way. A good clientele is achievable by word of mouth. All you need is one Mrs Jones to then have a whole load of them wanting your service. Do you have any kids? Schools are riddled with them. You need a nosey one. You can tell I worked in promotions lol. I'm excellent at this sort of thing

A good advertising quote to use.......Nice nails aren't cheap & cheap nails aren't nice

When I did nails, I offered a free set as a raffle prize for a local charity based in a nice neighbourhood. The winner gifted the prize to her best friend who then brought me several other clients who were all part of the same social (golf) set.

May I make another suggestion? Make sure you show different nail shapes on your advertising bumpf as some ladies really hate the stiletto look and prefer a simple natural nail shape. If you have four pictures for instance, show four shapes, including plain and fancy effects so they know that you are skilled and versatile.

I hope that helps?

Haircuts i do have other pictures haha these were just the first 3 i came to

Thanks ladies x

Sounds a bit odd but I went to my local town - Guildford, a fairly affluent area - and went up and down the High Street and into the high end shops and boutiques. I spoke to the manager and offered quite a big discount for their staff (I worked in retail for a long time so I sympathise with their achy feet!) and asked them to put some business cards in their staff room. I had quite a good response from it and even got called back by a well known brand to come and be their in house nail tech for a 2 day event recently. Always worth a go. x

Sounds a bit odd but I went to my local town - Guildford, a fairly affluent area - and went up and down the High Street and into the high end shops and boutiques. I spoke to the manager and offered quite a big discount for their staff (I worked in retail for a long time so I sympathise with their achy feet!) and asked them to put some business cards in their staff room. I had quite a good response from it and even got called back by a well known brand to come and be their in house nail tech for a 2 day event recently. Always worth a go. x

Omg I grew up in camberley not far from u!! Loved a bit of shopping in Guildford

Latest posts

Back