Australian body care company, yay or nay?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellsl'ess

Reaction score
I'm opening a new beauty salon and looking for the best brand for waxing, iv noticed a lot of the well established companies are using Australian Body Care, has anyone used their waxing system? If so how would you rate it? Cheers!;)

Last edited:
I used it but prefered PHd tbh xx

I'm a phd lover. Can't get any more hygienic. Clients love it too. Plus no risk of mess from dribbling wax from the pot to the client

I'm a phd lover. Can't get any more hygienic. Clients love it too. Plus no risk of mess from dribbling wax from the pot to the client

Well ....ABC Do a system like the PHd you see now! ... But apparently the head doesnt have the valve the Phd has so the wax can vack flow and theres no booster chamber x

I use the ABC hy wax system and it works in exactly the same way as PHD, i have found only the wax that is released from the dispenser comes into direct contact with the skin.

I think this is an amazing way of waxing and is quick and easy to use, i would never never go back to the pot and spatula method again!!

The retail products are good too if you are into retailing to your clients, the Hand and Body lotion is great for those clients who suffer with ingrowing hairs and the Skin wash works wonders!

Hope this helps :lol:

Just to let you know that the ABC Hy Wax system is an upgraded version of PHD.
The digital heater holds 4 tubes instead of 2, and the plastic of the tubes is soft which means you can fold them for easier application and less wastage.

The applicators don't have a gate on them, so the wax is easier to apply, and there is guaranteed no backflow into the tube. The wax will never touch the skin and go back through the head into the tube, as the wax is too thick to do that!

ABC wax Tea Tree creme wax is also superior quality wax and has a proven track record of over 20 years, as does the retail range, Hand & Body Lotion, Skin Wash & Tea Tree Oil. You also need to try the ABC Hot Wax which is excellent!

I don't think you can go wrong using Australian Bodycare in the salon for your waxing.

Are you planning on visiting Pro Beauty in London? You'll be able to see and try and compare so many wax companies and products there.

If memory serves the advantage of the Australian system is that it actually uses a pot style heater to warm the tubes. So if in future you wanted to switch to pot waxing you don't need a new heater.

I have had a salon in Australia for 11 years and I have never heard of the brand. Maybe it is a different name here?

I have had a salon in Australia for 11 years and I have never heard of the brand. Maybe it is a different name here?

I saw australian in product name before on here think it was a tan looked it up and it was a Californian company just trading on the Aussie name. Might be the same thing here. Reality is there are few true Aussie mass produced products. Some like Philou skincare are wonderful products that work with great research and science behind them however are such small companies they don't advertise or promote their products only sell to salons. They are the true Aussie products but no one overseas would know about them.

Hi there, I used Australian Body Care for years and loved. I found a few loyal retail followers too (soap & deodorant).

Their skin cleanser and hand and body lotion is particularly good.

They tea-tree cream wax also excellent, however Perron R stole my wax heart :) x

I saw australian in product name before on here think it was a tan looked it up and it was a Californian company just trading on the Aussie name. Might be the same thing here. Reality is there are few true Aussie mass produced products. Some like Philou skincare are wonderful products that work with great research and science behind them however are such small companies they don't advertise or promote their products only sell to salons. They are the true Aussie products but no one overseas would know about them.

Very true on all points here. I'm pretty sure Australian Bodycare Company aren't Australian. Australian Gold spray tan is definately not Australian either. :eek:

Australian bodycare is a Danish company, the Australian part of the product is the tea tree oil, which is extracted from the Melaleuca alternifolia tree.

:lol:

Latest posts

Back