Autoclave do we need one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

home beauty

Reaction score
iam setting a nail bar just 1 table for now in dubai and wondering if there is a rule/law that a salon has to have 1, because at college we just used Surgical Spirt and barbicide to sterilise tools and equipment (they had 1 but the just shown us how to use it)
Keeping the cost down too
any help would be most grateful

Beautyx

iam setting a nail bar just 1 table for now in dubai and wondering if there is a rule/law that a salon has to have 1, because at college we just used Surgical Spirt and barbicide to sterilise tools and equipment (they had 1 but the just shown us how to use it)
Keeping the cost down too
any help would be most grateful

Beautyx

No you do not hae to have one in a nail bar.

Disinfection is the rule and complete sterilization is not necessary unless you draw blood. If you do you can sterilize with your Mundo products or Barbicide and you do not need an autoclave.

Geeg is correct (obviousley!!)

But I must admit I dont quite get this one.

In my other line of work...piercing, we re-use metal instruments for various tasks, & not all of the items get contaminated with blood,

BUT...& I totally agree with this:

In piercing/tattoo/medical & dental practices:
Any item which comes into physical contact with the client MUST be either single use & disposeable,
or sterilised in an autoclave if re-useable (scissors & the like), and thats after the instrument has been mega-sanitised in an ultra-sonic cleaner containing some barbicide-type sanitiser/soak.

Now, I understand that nail enhancements etc. should by no means be physically invasive, but occasionally blood is drawn.

I'd like to understand how these practices can be seen as so very different.

I wonder if the powers that be will ever wake up to these facts, I do actually hope so.

Latest posts

Back