Aviemore or somewhere else?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
We’re trying to plan a wee weekend somewhere mid January. I thought Aviemore would be a good one as there would be stuff to do within walking distance. Once we get there we’d like to just leave the car until we are leaving.

I originally said to hubby no more than a 2 hour drive from Glasgow. Googlemaps just told me Aviemore is 3 hours. :eek:

Have you been to Aviemore? What did you think of it? Where did you stay?

Can anyone recommend somewhere else about a 2-3 hour drive from Glasgow?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

ive been to aviemore loads, its great. i went in winter a few times, however. i havent been since i was 17 and before that i was a young girl. but i had lots of fun, what hotel are you looking at? i think it will have more to do with it being winter and esp the snow!!!

2-3 hours from glasgow....ill have a think and get back to you leeann.

i stayed in the hilton, got a good deal but it was years and years ago. xx

Thinking about the McDonald Highlands Hotel. My sister stayed in the Hilton before and she said it was nice so also thinking about that one too.

I've never been skiing or snow boarding before but I'd love to try it.

Having snow there would be good as that's what Aviemore is all about isn't it. Wouldn't like snow on the drive there or back though, but I'm tying not to let the possibility of snow to put me off going anywhere.

Hi,
We are just back from a long weekend in Aviemore and would highly recommend it. There is loads to do and if you stay in aviemore itself most things are within walking distance. If you are planning on ski-ing you would need to drive up the cairngorm mountain which takes a good 30 minutes, there are dry ski slopes nearer the town though. Have got loads of info if you want to know anything else about Aviemore xx

Hi,
We are just back from a long weekend in Aviemore and would highly recommend it. There is loads to do and if you stay in aviemore itself most things are within walking distance. If you are planning on ski-ing you would need to drive up the cairngorm mountain which takes a good 30 minutes, there are dry ski slopes nearer the town though. Have got loads of info if you want to know anything else about Aviemore xx

Brilliant Nail Angel. Where did you stay? I'd like to stay in Aviemore or as close as possible. My hubby is a bit of a snob when it comes to hotels though so it's quite difficult choosing. He would like the Hilton but my big sis said she needed the car to get down to the main bit.

We're only planning on going for 2 nights, Friday-Sunday, so we'll be looking for stuff to do Saturday afternoon and Sunday before we drive back home. If we can't get skiing it'll be no big deal, but will look into it anyway.

Hi, sorry for the late reply. We stayed at the High Range motel which is self catering, good value for money and about a 10 min walk into the centre. However if your husband is picky then I would probably recommend the Macdonald Resort as its very nice and nearer to the town centre xx

Hi, sorry for the late reply. We stayed at the High Range motel which is self catering, good value for money and about a 10 min walk into the centre. However if your husband is picky then I would probably recommend the Macdonald Resort as its very nice and nearer to the town centre xx

Thanks. We booked the McDonald Hotel. Really looking forward to it. :green:

Latest posts

Back