Awful day!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just be very careful you don't start ranting and raving and threatening that they won't ever see your daughter again when they all get back tonight because your daughters gonna feel might guilty if she feels she's split her family up.

I agree that your niece should not have smacked her but be very careful about starting feuds as that may damage your daughter far more in the long run than that smack ever did as she would probably feel terrible knowing that it was her almighty strop that kicked all this off to begin with.

I think just bring your daughter in tonight and say to your mum you'll discuss it with her when you're calmer.

Just be careful you don't start ranting and raving and threatening that they won't ever see your daughter again when they get home tonight. She's gonna feel mighty guilty if she thinks she's split up the family. I agree the niece should not have smacked her but I do think be very careful of letting things turn into feuds because that may damage your daughter more in the long run when she knows it was her almighty strop that kicked all this off in the beginning.

My OH has said he will go and fetch her so there wont be any confrontation until everyone has calmed down , he's so laid back he's almost horizontal so its probably better him going, apparently it wasn't really a massive strop on my daughters Richter scale , my niece blamed it on being tired and having only a few hours sleep last night...good luck when she has a baby of her own waking her every few hours, but totally understand what your saying, think definite boundaries need to be set when things are discussed

Hi Crystal Colleen My niece rang me to tell me she had done it, and that she would do it again if she had too, I can't really repeat what I said to her as it wasn't very lady like! I then rang my daughter straight away to see what had happened, she's no angel but I don't think its for my niece to discipline her, I never once disciplined my brothers as they were growing up I left it to him and his wife .
Um, it might be worth letting her know that she has committed an assault. Not something the police take too lightly....

Um, it might be worth letting her know that she has committed an assault. Not something the police take too lightly....

I did say this when on phone to her that's when I got the "only had a few hours sleep" along with " I didn't hit her hard enough to leave a mark"!!!
Just feel very let down that my mum and brother have let this happen

Thing is I'm not even sure at the moment I want to work things out, I know in a few weeks when things have died down it might be different but at moment its a definite no X

Well that's understandable, priority right now is your little one and making sure she's all ok :) your family should realise your disappointed and angry and if it gets sorted out they should be making the first move xxx

Well that's understandable, priority right now is your little one and making sure she's all ok :) your family should realise your disappointed and angry and if it gets sorted out they should be making the first move xxx

Thanks, just want her home now, thanks for listening xxx

I would never ever hit my niece or anyone ones child!
I would never expect a family member to hit my kids, no matter what!

This is an awful situation.

I know you are hurting, I wish you the best of luck. Let us know what happens.

I would never ever hit my niece or anyone ones child!
I would never expect a family member to hit my kids, no matter what!

This is an awful situation.

I know you are hurting, I wish you the best of luck. Let us know what happens.

She due back anytime , it will be last time she goes on holiday with them that's for certain , thanks for your kind words, everyone has been genuinely lovely today and made me feel a lot calmer than I was this morning xx

Just be very careful you don't start ranting and raving and threatening that they won't ever see your daughter again when they all get back tonight because your daughters gonna feel might guilty if she feels she's split her family up.

I agree that your niece should not have smacked her but be very careful about starting feuds as that may damage your daughter far more in the long run than that smack ever did as she would probably feel terrible knowing that it was her almighty strop that kicked all this off to begin with.

I think just bring your daughter in tonight and say to your mum you'll discuss it with her when you're calmer.

I understand what you are saying about family feuds, Waffle4. My comments were made after the niece claimed that she would do it again. The daughter needs to know what behaviour is acceptable from herself but also from others.
I don't think there is any harm in letting her know that other people, no matter who they are in the family/close friends circle, have no right to lay a finger on her. I think that this gives children the confidence to know that that kind of behaviour is wrong and that they shouldn't accept it from anyone. An important lesson in life.

Latest posts

Back